Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 
Send Topic Print
Savage Events for 2017 (Read 3501 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Savage Events for 2017
Reply #315 - 05/23/17 at 05:48:19

You can see why I am exploring the Santeetlah Lake as with MM's magic card we could all stay in your big tent for $7.50 a day for all of us, near the showers & the toilets.   And with Robbinsville very nearby (6 miles) to go eat at, complete with a Public Library and movies to go lounge & get AC'd.

Kickstand is kinda sorta in the same neighborhood price-wise as Cabin #4 at Blue Ridge Campground.  Kickstand wants $20 per night for the tent and tent owner, then an additional $5.00 per each extra person staying in the tent ($20-25) and God help you if somebody actually slept in the trailer (full $38 RV rates for that one).  

DODGING THE WEATHER, showing up early or staying later has no $$$ penalty at the Santeetlah, $7.50 a day flat rate if you put up the big tent near the showers and bathrooms, free if you take one of the lakeside primitive spots and piss in the bushes.  I am going to ride on up on Monday and spot out the best of the lakeside primitive free spots and stay there until MM shows up.  

And as always, what we think it is always winds up being slightly different from what it really is, so  until we do this trip I won't really know for sure.  

MM does, because he's been there already.

I've doubled up on my knee joint meds and the knees are responding and getting better, so I may not be a crip so much in a couple of weeks.

« Last Edit: 05/24/17 at 11:15:00 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #316 - 05/23/17 at 06:18:43

One thing about the KSL that is really nice, is the amenities and security.  You can leave your cell phone or laptop plugged in to a wall socket, and there is little chance that anyone would bother it.  The KSL has free laundry, free towels and washcloths in the bath house - and free bike wash so you can wash rabbit guts off MM's bike!

I really don' mind spending $20 each a night to be comfortable.

« Last Edit: 05/26/17 at 02:32:15 by Dave »  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #317 - 05/23/17 at 19:13:59

So we going to do both ?  Neither required reverstions ,so all is possible.

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #318 - 05/24/17 at 02:00:23

MM,

Naw, just some future chat with Dave about trip costs, that's all.   Net diff between Santeetlah and Kickstand is paying $10 more a day at Kickstand for meal rights and fluffy towels so it isn't a major chunk of money in any case.  Learn by doing is the name of the game.

I'm going to sneak on up into Santeetlah on Monday June 12th and if/when you call me on Monday/Tuesday from Robbinsville cell tower service I'll meet up with you.  

The Kickstand trip officially starts a day later now on Wednesday, June 14th instead of the 13th, so that is a little small change from the last time you looked in.   We now have an extra day available for screwing around some.

How was your trip out into Lancer land?   Shoot anything interesting?  Rested up a bit and now all rarin' to go again in a couple more weeks ??

Ready to join the soon to be long long list of folks who got run over by a big black fuffy lounge chair?

« Last Edit: 05/24/17 at 11:17:31 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #319 - 05/24/17 at 21:37:37

Oklahoma has a skyway too ¡!! 👏  
We did 300* miles today

Ain't no resting up yet 😉
Everybod6 is in bed already , more later 😴

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #320 - 05/25/17 at 03:35:53

Photos? Huh

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #321 - 05/25/17 at 19:46:32

Dave wrote on 05/25/17 at 03:35:53:
Photos? Huh

Will transfer some photos in the morning.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #322 - 05/25/17 at 20:14:16

All my photos are in my phone , tablet has WiFi code .  
Photos, when I get home 😕

Cook pork loin tonight 😀
Apple sauce
Roasted potato s
Salad

I'm going to need a wider seat !😨

xaman

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #323 - 05/31/17 at 18:35:17

Just a head's up that might be pertinent to your "which campground" conversations --  my wife and I stayed the last three nights at a place in Elk Park, NC.  Granted it's farther north and east than you have been looking, but I can tell you it's a perfect little spot for 6-8 campers.  And the riding here is wonderful.  IMO, very similar to where you are looking, but less traffic.

Very private, very secure, very gracious hosts.  Just one bathroom/shower, but extremely clean.  Plenty of space for tents, campfire, shelter if it rains, etc.

Here's a Facebook link to check it out, and I'm available to give details if your interested.  

https://www.facebook.com/Mountain-View-Moto-Campground-615636078583390/

Good luck with the event, sounds like a blast.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #324 - 05/31/17 at 18:57:50

GrinLANCER wrote on 05/25/17 at 19:46:32:
Photos? Huh

Is it morning yet?

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #325 - 06/01/17 at 02:08:55

Dave wrote on 05/31/17 at 18:57:50:
GrinLANCER wrote on 05/25/17 at 19:46:32:
Photos? Huh

Is it morning yet?

It's a REALLY  S L O W  morning.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #326 - 06/01/17 at 22:48:03

Here is a picture of a dam w/lots of water we saw on my first day (Tuesday).   Its not far from Lancers house.   I was surprised at how much water there was in the area.   Rolling hill ... kinda like Texas with/out the sand !   Grin
So... in Tennessee here the land is kind-of bunched up into hills running North to South and it seems the land in Oklahoma is pushed up too.   In Lancers area there is a more equal mix of not so high rolling hill.  But just a little east and ya run into the mountains ,
will pick-up with the next picture ...  Roll Eyes

05231711311.jpg

MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #327 - 06/01/17 at 22:54:42

I might have to post several of these pictures .   Wednesday Lancer took us to a Mountain range running get this : East and West !   So ... we rode up hill for four or five miles ... when we got up on top ... the temperature had drop .

05241713411.jpg

MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #328 - 06/01/17 at 23:06:56

Yea , We all were scrambling for coats and the talk turned to "I started to bring my chaps" ,   Grin

Honestly I had no Idea there was that high of Mountains in the area.   I had rode I-40 (100 miles North of the area) .   This is in South-east Oklahoma (I think)  Huh ,  when we came down then we were in Arkansas and hungry , that takes us to the next picture  and I only know how to post one picture per post ...  Tongue

05241714271.jpg

MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #329 - 06/01/17 at 23:15:56

More

0524171451b1_001.jpg

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/24/24 at 23:59:35

General CategoryThe Cafe › Savage Events for 2017

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.