Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
34mm mikuni ? (Read 61 times)
suzi-q

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

34mm mikuni ?
08/31/16 at 05:53:27

hi.  I have 2 34mm mikuni carbs. I got 4 a 65 triumph bonniville.  I'm looking 4 a single port head and only need 1 carb.  can I use the other on my savage? thanx, mark

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: 34mm mikuni ?
Reply #1 - 08/31/16 at 06:02:44

Well with some adapting, it can be used - the 36mm roundslide Mikuni is more often the carb of choice.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1262724030

You will most likely need a new flange for the cylinder/carb mount, a new throttle cable made specifically for your throttle and this carb, and you will have to either adapt the carb to the stock air cleaner - or find an air cleaner that works.  Jetting for the big single could be far different that what is in the carb for running one side of a twin.....the carb will have more than twice the air flowing through than it used to.  The slide has an effect on the way the carb meters fuel/air, and the slide, needle and air jets that are in the carb may not be the correct ones to allow the carb to work well on the Savage.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: 34mm mikuni ?
Reply #2 - 08/31/16 at 07:04:15

You will need a new rubber mounting flange as Dave said, and a new throttle cable at a minimum.  With those 2 items you can at least mount it and see  how it is going to act.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 03:31:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 34mm mikuni ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.