Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I'm sorry Harley Davidson (Read 96 times)
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
I'm sorry Harley Davidson
08/28/16 at 19:37:38

Well my sporty has been neglected since I got my Ryca on the road. So today had the Ryca out doing some tuning. So when I got home the ion battery has failed , glad I didn't stop for gas I would have been pushing it home. Anyways I been bragging how light & agile the Ryca is, well moved all the crap that has piled around the sporty , pulled it out , started right up after 4 months let it warm up for a few, gloves & helmet , time to ride strangest feeling after finding where to put my feet, no rear sets , often have called it a 500lb pig, it feels lighter than the Ryca , I was shocked what a fun bike to ride it's great looking bike, will never again refer to it as a 500lb pig. It must have a way lower center of gravity than the Ryca, went to push my injured Ryca in the garage at about 315lb it feels heavier than my Harley, very strange feeling !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: I'm sorry Harley Davidson
Reply #1 - 08/28/16 at 19:46:16

I sat on a Honda, 900&sumthin cc,, put the stand up, flopped it back and forth, and it felt lighter than the 650.

That CG stuff matters a lot I guess.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #2 - 08/28/16 at 19:53:22

The lower the Cg, the lighter the bike feels and the better it will handle.

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #3 - 08/28/16 at 20:14:21

Well it still handles like a sportster even with Progressive shocks & fork springs & dampning rods & Metzlers. Handles twisties just fine for heavier bike but that's a bike I ride well within its limits & very seldom push it beyond my skill level. But it's a great bike with great lines & runs sweet !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #4 - 08/28/16 at 20:31:51

I think the c/g on the RYCA in much higher but the steering gives it the lighter feeling when in motion, but that Suzuki will whip it's butt light to light I think the sporty is pretty quick too. Sporty lays a patch of rubber Between 1st & 2nd if you don't blow the shift at wot !

My only slow bike is a trials bike !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Wake51

Murphy's Law

St. Louis
Reply #5 - 08/29/16 at 07:23:39

I have a 2003 1200 Custom, and it definitely feels "dense" compared to the Savage. I like the Sportster feel, feels very solid. I like the character of the rigid mount engine, the bike kind of feels like it was carved out of one block of steel.

The 1200 Custom sits a little high, has a skinny 21 inch front wheel. But it handles well enough. You have to dominate it a bit more than the Savage, the bike's responsiveness feels smooth and progressive, and comes on slower. I would compare it akin to warm syrup vice melted butter when comparing it to the Savage. The big V-Twin hums along like a sewing machine and is bliss if you're into big air cooled engines.

In the twisties, my money is on the Savage. The Sportster is my go to for a longer less local day of riding, though really I think both bikes are intended to fill a similar role by design. Would hate to part with either one!

IP Logged
sjaskow - FSO

Frozen Tundra of MN
Reply #6 - 08/29/16 at 10:14:25

Up and moving, the Vision; which is very porky at almost 1000 pounds wet; feels just a sprightly as the S40 did. I know it's the lower CG at work.

Pity there's not a way to get my Vision as the moving bike and an S40 as the parking one. Roll Eyes

2012 Victory Vision - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/vision
2006 Suzuki S40 - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/S40
WWW   IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #7 - 08/29/16 at 18:00:39

1000 lbs? WOW! The Savage is around 370-380ish. The Ryca version even less!

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 08/29/16 at 18:04:44

Smart ForTwo
820 kg/1,808 lbs
70 hp
$18,150

Two more wheels, and not twice as heavy.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 06:33:30

General CategoryThe Cafe › I'm sorry Harley Davidson

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.