Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Guess What I Got Today??? (Read 254 times)
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Re: Guess What I Got Today???
Reply #30 - 08/22/16 at 17:38:55

Dave,

Here's a look at the rear turn signals.  Keep in mind you know WAYYYYYY more about these than I, but it appears this is a complete tail light housing swap. I didn't look at the bulbs, but certainly this is all DOT.  I'm still going to probably do the LEDs right there on that vertical black strip.

Also, once again I am thrilled at how much this forum has taught me on the Savage that I can transcend onto other things...namely motorcycles...and the Ninja.  I had a little oil on the top of the Ninja crankcase around the breather hose. It wasn't leaking on the ground so I suspected it was just high-speed blowby that was finding it's way out. I cleaned things up, removed the breather hose to make sure it was not cracked, and it was in great shape.  Looked closer and there was oil on the top side of the breather hose, which made me think. I looked closer and saw the little hose coming off of the air box that also had oily residue and grime on it. What was it....The puke tube of course. I opened it up and a fair amount of oil came out. I don't think it was enough to fill up the entire puke tube, but it was a good bit. I suspect this had something to do with the oil starting to show it's face on the top of the case as it appeared to be coming from the bottom of the air box where the puke tube and breather hose all route into the bottom.  I guess the PO didn't clear it much, or he did and he just rode it a lot at high speed and it built up fast.  Anyhow, I of course drained the puke tube and cleaned up things real well so next time I ride I can keep an eye on things and see if I have corrected things.

Thanks Team!

IMG_20160822_190518.jpg

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #31 - 08/22/16 at 18:57:37

Well I just went out and looked at mine.  The lenses, reflectors and holes for the lights are there....but there a no light sockets installed.  Evidently Kawasaki stopped putting bulbs and sockets in them for some reason....my lenses are red.  I still have the stock turn signals...so I could put running lights in there - or even better I could put dual filament bulbs and sockets and have running lights and turn signals.

I would expect that as long as you have 21W bulbs in there (not 8 watt running light bulbs), they are probably working just fine for turn signals!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #32 - 08/26/16 at 04:40:07

There was some discussion on the ninjette board about the turn signal mod not meeting minimum DOT requirements for distance from center, or tail light, or something like that.  Hey, at least you can see those.  Much better than a lot of the stuff you see running around.

There's info on ninjette about what sockets, where to source, and a company that is still making the amber lens kit.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #33 - 08/26/16 at 07:14:31

Thanks SteveH. I'll have been around the ninjette forum a little but don't think I have stumbled on that topic yet.  I have been looking at discussions on changing the front signals to flush mounts (I only want DOT approved stuff) and there are arguments that even if they are DOT approved ones they are hard to see at certain angles and distance as opposed to stock ones. If I find a good DOT approved set with good visibility I will consider this swap but I don't want to do it at the expense of safety.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 08:30:15

General CategoryThe Cafe › Guess What I Got Today???

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.