Dyna Muffler Question + (Read 94 times)
Arcreefer
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Maui, Hawaii
Dyna Muffler Question +
08/17/16 at 17:03:20

After reading a lot of posts here I decided to install the raptor petcock, K&N flat filter, 150 main jet, 52.5 pilot jet, half spacer, adjust idle mixture screw, Autolite XS4163 Iridium plug.  I also replaced the battery with a 220 cca agm and  I ordered a Dyna muffler off ebay.  Dyna just arrived today and it's hollow.  No baffles, nothing inside it.  I understand the engine needs some back pressure.  Any suggestions?    Also, I ride mostly at sea level, do the jets sounds about right (150 main, 52.5 pilot), with the half spacer and the Dyna muff?

« Last Edit: 08/17/16 at 18:11:11 by Arcreefer »  

004_015.jpg
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Dyna Muffler Question +
Reply #1 - 08/17/16 at 17:27:36

You still Might be able to get it to work. I think it's possible to drive a freeze plug in, if other stuff is healthy inside.
Others will be along to fill in the blanks.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #2 - 08/17/16 at 18:16:57

I'm around 200-300' ASL. In my opinion, that's sea level. Those are the same jet sizes I'm running. You should be ok. With a gutted Dyna you might need a little bit larger jets. Maybe.

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 08/17/16 at 18:30:45

If you used PayPal to buy the muffler, and the fellow didn't tell you the baffle was not intact - you most likely file a claim and get your money back.

If you want to keep the muffler.....get a 1-1/4" freeze plug from an automotive parts store.  Drive it in from the inlet side to the point where the old plug used to be......look down the muffler with a flash light and look for evidence of where the old plug was spot welded in.  There should be a small  area without holes.....more holes will likely be on the back side than the front side - that is the point where the plug should be.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Arcreefer
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Maui, Hawaii
Reply #4 - 08/17/16 at 18:41:30

Thanks Guys!  Dave, would there still be enough room around the freeze plug to allow exhaust to blow by and still hold the plug in place?  

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #5 - 08/17/16 at 20:20:40

The plug is a press fit into the center pipe ,you will have to drive it in,the exhaust gases are forced to go into the holes in front ,around the plug ,then back through the hole to the center pipe to exit.the plug(baffle) gives you the back pressure to let you tune the carb easily.the plug won't move.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Arcreefer
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Maui, Hawaii
Reply #6 - 08/18/16 at 12:36:30

Thanks Batman!

IP Logged
Pages: 1