Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
OOPS!
08/17/16 at 14:27:07

Well, I did it. Laid the bike down. Angry

Not that bad, though, really. I was in a parking lot, backing out of my space, downhill, and in a little curve. The bike simply got away from be backward and tipped over. I stepped off of it and I am fine. I see no damage to the bike. My nice soft saddlebag took the weight.   Undecided

I hope and pray that's my one time going down.  Smiley

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Re: OOPS!
Reply #1 - 08/17/16 at 14:35:31

Glad you got that mulligan out of the way and that all is good.  I guess saddlebags are good for something other than carrying your lunch!

Wink Wink Wink

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 08/17/16 at 14:45:18

Are you saying Mike hauls a Dagwood?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #3 - 08/17/16 at 18:12:15

I dumped mine once at less than 5 mph. It was a stupid mistake. I was more concerned for the bike than me!  Grin Luckily neither one of us was hurt! Glad you're ok too!

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #4 - 08/17/16 at 19:17:53

One time I was wearing some baggy white painters pants riding my 1971 BSA B25t Victor in San Mateo , CA with a cop behind me light went yellow then red, cop still behind and some how the kick starter was up my pant leg when I stopped went to put my right foot down and that motion was all it took, me & the beezer just fell over. After a short interogation & sobriety test I was on my way !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #5 - 08/17/16 at 19:55:57

Ruttly wrote on 08/17/16 at 19:17:53:
After a short ... sobriety test I was on my way !

Did you pass?  Grin

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #6 - 08/17/16 at 20:22:11

Yes I passed , but back then it was hit or miss if I could,those were the days !

Ah today

I ah

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #7 - 08/17/16 at 20:25:29

That wasn't even a slow speed crash

That was a no speed crash !

I remember the cop laughing at me.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 08/17/16 at 20:49:43

A little girl, friend of the daughter , pretty little thing, growing like a weed and SO clumsy it was fun watching her try to walk.
Rides her bicycle down, I saw her come up the drive, wisely,she rolls on to the grass, stops, and just freezes, no feet down, nothing, just Falls Over.. I , being so nice, didn't even laugh..

Ohhh, yes I did..
She asked
Plot Line questions while we were watching
Uncle Buck.
I hope she married a good man.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #9 - 08/18/16 at 03:56:50

Preachermike:  Glad you just had a "tipover".  Those are pretty common for some bikes - the Honda ST forum even has a dedicated thread for you to talk about yours....and whenever you post a comment and your Forum names shows up on the left side of page....there is a place where you record the number of tipovers you have had.  These don't happen nearly as often for the Savage - but the ST's weigh twice as much and have a much taller seat height.  All it takes sometimes is some uneven pavement, greasy asphalt, gravel underfoot, etc.

Ruttly wrote on 08/17/16 at 19:17:53:
One time I was wearing some baggy white painters pants riding my 1971 BSA B25t Victor in San Mateo....and some how the kick starter was up my pant leg when I stopped went to put my right foot down !

Man I can see how that could happen.  It seems a lot of the old British bikes had kickstart levers that didn't fold out of the way very well, and they do stick out right where your pant leg would be.

BSA.jpg

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #10 - 08/18/16 at 05:29:20

Just saying the kick starter lever was stuck up your pants leg was enough for a hilarious visual! It's no wonder you had to take a sobriety test!  Grin

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #11 - 08/18/16 at 07:01:10

Yeah my kick lever was more upright than that one went right up the pant leg

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
BSTON

Milwaukee, WI
Reply #12 - 08/18/16 at 09:09:06

My first drop of a bike was at 0 mph. I pulled into the parking lot at work and my foot slid on some gravel and over a curb. The 6" drop was enough to get the bike leaning and over it went. Of course another coworker was pulling in at the same time and witnessed the whole thing. I think at that point I had only had the bike for a couple weeks.

I don't know if it counts but the bike also made it onto it's side a couple months later when the kickstand sunk into the ground and the bike tipped over. One of my friends came in and made a comment about a motorcycle being laid on it's side out front and I just assumed they were messing with me...until I went out and saw it a couple hours later. That screw up was enough to snap the end off of the clutch lever.  Embarrassed

This was all with a Suzuki GS500. After the embarrassment of falling over on the bike I was a lot more careful with the ZZR1200 that I ended up getting next. That bike had a lot of tip-over stories on forums from being so top heavy.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #13 - 08/18/16 at 09:13:06

I never do that...
...if it's not on Youtube, it doesn't count... right?... Undecided

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 08/18/16 at 09:39:24

Daggum
Forward/ Reverse selector on the mower is just right for going up the back of the left leg on my shorts. That first step is Really short. Haven't flipping the mower over because of it though.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 02:51:49

General CategoryThe Cafe › OOPS!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.