Send Topic Print
HOME! (Read 219 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
HOME!
08/16/16 at 20:01:44

Got in at 8:30, left Galveston at 11:30.
The first half hour, dry, after that, not another minute that something wasn't splattering on the windshield. The feet were so white and wrinkled on bottom it was funny to look at. Muscles are PISSTAWF. The bike rides great, the rear brake is tons better than the 05s was. Even after I got rid of about 1/3rd of the contact area. The buckhorns are much nicer for the road. It's got a Jardine and a fat enough jet to get it to run really nice, but it is getting about 40mpg. I'll mess with it this winter, maybe. I'll look at the oil tomorrow. Last check, it's Where I started off at. It was a good run up 69, 75MPH limit, it saw 85, topped out at that, dragging my suitcase sideways down the road.

What a Vacation!  
Goofed off,hung out, swapped out the depth finder on a boat, went fishing, caught a Ray, and a hardhead catfish, which, BYW, are Not to be held like a fresh water catfish, because THEY have seriously nasty crap in Their barbs, hands swell up with just a tiny scratch,, and I got a legal redfish, and after it was butchered, the parts left over went in crab traps and we got four blue crabs. All grilled... Great supper. Weather got ugly, drank beer, smoked cigars, talked smack, worked on the floor of the house, cooked,ate, had fun..best week in YEARS.. Even if I didn't get a bike.
But I DID...

That's MY merfuggin bike,, and YEW better just DON'T be messing with it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Re: HOME!
Reply #1 - 08/16/16 at 20:35:08

Justin,

It is good to hear that you arrived home safely........

Kenny G Smiley

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #2 - 08/16/16 at 20:50:45

Welcome back ! It's been waay to polite around here !

Show us the way Rev JOG

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #3 - 08/16/16 at 21:18:44

Congratulations, sounds like it's doing most things a good S40 should. When your muscles have recovered, I hope you get some good autumn riding in. We will be experiencing the dubious merits of spring down here.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #4 - 08/16/16 at 21:33:58

Glad your back , now I can take a break from being overly annoying.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #5 - 08/16/16 at 21:36:32

Ruttly wrote on 08/16/16 at 20:50:45:
Welcome back ! It's been waay to polite around here !

Show us the way Rev JOG

But, I was having fun!

Well... Welcome back anyway.  Roll Eyes Grin

JOG's latest crucifixion of Cheapnewb24 is already underway. Grin

2004 Suzuki Savage, Riding since fall 2015.
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #6 - 08/16/16 at 21:45:49

Newbee has his own column now Rubber Duck Down !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 08/16/16 at 22:19:43

He can have whatever. I'm done with it. I've read some of the ideas on TT. Surprisingly not idiotic.. pretty sharp at times..
But when it's time to work on something, it's just a mess.  And I'm tired of trying to defend my decades of success. I have changed the FRAMES on two pickups and neither one came back with a squeak or rattle. I've done engine maintenance, inspired a new addition to the Verslavy, fixed copiers and cash registers for seven years, was the mechanic, body man, truck driver, equipment operator for a well plugging company and this jerk talks to me like I owe him an explanation. kiss my cheeks..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #8 - 08/16/16 at 22:34:29

Putt, putt,  putt,  putt,  putt,  putt, ... Smiley

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #9 - 08/16/16 at 23:30:33

Woo! Happy days, JoG! Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday. Has anybody mentioned  checking the camchain adjuster?  Tongue

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 08/16/16 at 23:39:49

It's only got 2,600 miles, but it has a cam, Verslavy, head plug,

IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #11 - 08/16/16 at 23:44:03

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 08/16/16 at 22:19:43:
He can have whatever. I'm done with it. I've read some of the ideas on TT. Surprisingly not idiotic.. pretty sharp at times..
But when it's time to work on something, it's just a mess.  And I'm tired of trying to defend my decades of success. I have changed the FRAMES on two pickups and neither one came back with a squeak or rattle. I've done engine maintenance, inspired a new addition to the Verslavy, fixed copiers and cash registers for seven years, was the mechanic, body man, truck driver, equipment operator for a well plugging company and this jerk talks to me like I owe him an explanation. kiss my cheeks..

Who was it that started this fight? You barged in and started beating me over the head. Who's being the jerk? I got annoyed with you because everything was going great before you came in and decided to crucify me. I guess I concluded that you had read a little and made a snap judgment based on your previous opinion of me without really knowing what you're talking about.. You expect me not to be annoyed?

That was an oem bolt I ruined, not a "cheap" one. The oem bolts are special. They are square-headed and metric. They are not readily available. Fastenal (yes, a FASTENER  Angrydealer, can't get them!  Doing otherwise means a mod/jerry rig/make do.You started talking about common grade 8 bolts. It either means you are suggesting a jerry rig (most likely), or you are not paying attention.

You started playing the blame game. This time, I had said something the day before. It might not have been good enough, but it was something, and no one said a word. That's okay. I'm thankful for their help. That torque wrench discussion has been really good.

cheapnewb24 wrote on 08/14/16 at 13:12:29:
I lubed the rear sprocket bolts with used junk oil mix for lube and corrosion resistance. The nuts and bolts had a whitish substance. Corrosion? Do these bolts need locktite? Blue?

I noticed that the hub fits the sprocket such that water and stuff can get behind the sprocket. Huh

The next post (the next day) shows a link to the stripped bolt thread.

2004 Suzuki Savage, Riding since fall 2015.
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #12 - 08/16/16 at 23:46:10

JOG, you should be too busy enjoying your new bike to be bothered with endless questions. The American Fall as you people call it, is apparently a beautiful time of the year.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 08/17/16 at 00:02:11

Fall truly is special. Leaves change colors, and fall.

IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #14 - 08/17/16 at 00:24:08

If it is truly special, be out riding, I shouldn't need to suggest you be aware of damp fallen leaves.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 04:25:30

General CategoryThe Cafe › HOME!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.