Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
got a trailer yesterday! (Read 67 times)
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
got a trailer yesterday!
08/14/16 at 07:05:46

Ever since i was Dave's Mini toyhauler / camper made from a small gargo trailer, I've been wanting something along the same lines, so i've been watching CL for used enclosed cargo trailers for sale  and yesterday a 4x8 enclosed cargo trailer showed up for $400

A trip to Tomball to see it nearly netted nothing, as it is a home built using wooden panels, and the wood will need replacing, but he dropped the price to $300, which is what a new Harbor freight utility trailer would cast, so i did buy it

A bit of redoing and I'll have a mini camper I can actually travel with
I still can't photobucket, so unless there's a way to download pic fro Google photos, I'll have to post a vid later

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: got a trailer yesterday!
Reply #1 - 08/14/16 at 20:52:34

Congratulation Art !  Smiley

I've been thinking along those same lines ?

but more like a 6 x 10 tall enough to stand up in w/  a side door and rear ramp.    Undecided

I've been posting pictures from my lap-top's gallery .

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 08/15/16 at 04:29:02

The trailer I have is 4' wide, 4' tall, and 8' long inside, and it tows just fine behind my little 4 cylinder car.  It is a bit cramped for sleeping when you have a bike in there - but on these summer trips I only sleep in on the night that I am driving down to the NC/TN area.  Once I have arrived and the bike is unloaded - there is plenty of room for sleeping and getting dressed.  The windows with screens is definitely a necessity when sleeping - and one of those top vents with the built in fan would be a big improvement.

IMG_0360.JPG

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #3 - 08/15/16 at 07:39:07

MM, while a bigger trailer would be roomier, keeping load capacity down makes an easier pull, and no trailer brakes to worry avout
nice and simple
Dave, I definitely want windows and a vent, preferably with a Fantastic Fan
this is how I bought it
I think I'll need some fenders, and getting it registered will be a bit of hoop jumping, but hopefully not too bad
Oh, I need to redo the wiring for the lights, they work, but the splices ? Shocked Angry
vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPMrmdTBtIA

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #4 - 08/15/16 at 07:42:52

unfortunately, i somehow knocked the scootanic over while backing it into my property later, not too bad, but cracked the glass in the left side mirror pretty good, will need replacement when I can

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 04:15:16

General CategoryThe Cafe › got a trailer yesterday!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.