Send Topic Print
Bat Wing Fairing (Read 70 times)
michael1962
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bat Wing Fairing
08/12/16 at 13:19:11

Cheesy Hello! I am a new member so I hope I am posting this in the right location.  First, thanks for all the information posted on this site.  I am preparing to do some mods to my 2015 S40 and the information posted here has been a massive help.  I am looking for a "bat wing " type fairing that will allow for the installation of a stereo and speakers.  I have spent hours on the internet searching but can't seen to locate what I need.  Any help would be much appreciated.  

IP Logged
12Bravo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mid-Missouri
Re: Bat Wing Fairing(not suggested)
Reply #1 - 08/12/16 at 13:30:37

I don't suggest a batwing fairing on the Savage. I had a Memphis Shades batwing fairing on mine for a short time and it was nothing but a big sail that slowed the bike down in headwinds.

A fairing with both an inner and outer shell with stereo will add a lot of weight to the front of the bike. The Memphis Shades is just the outer shell.

Here is a picture of my bike with the fairing on.

No Child Should Live In Fear!!!
'Keepers of the children'
http://www.bacaworld.org

IP Logged
michael1962
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Bat Wing Fairing
Reply #2 - 08/12/16 at 13:39:36

Thank you for the reply.  I dint think about the wind or weight issue.  I think I'll leave it be.  Thanks.

IP Logged
12Bravo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mid-Missouri
Reply #3 - 08/12/16 at 13:49:17

michael1962 wrote on 08/12/16 at 13:39:36:
Thank you for the reply.  I dint think about the wind or weight issue.  I think I'll leave it be.  Thanks.

Glad that I could help save you some money and headaches. I ended up putting a Memphis Shades Slim windshield on and love it.

No Child Should Live In Fear!!!
'Keepers of the children'
http://www.bacaworld.org

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 08/12/16 at 14:02:15

Stereo also is a fairly big amperage draw...

A friend had a tank bag stereo... worked like cr@p... you could only hear it while stopped...
Earbuds are probably most efficient,... but, drowning out the engine noise will send you deaf...

Listen to the engine Puuururrrrrr.... Smiley

...and no texting, dangit'!...  darn technology... Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #5 - 08/12/16 at 14:20:22

I recently started wearing the in-ear earbuds with my full-face. I think it is a fair compromise between covering up some engine noise/hearing protection and getting some riding music.  I turn it up just enough to be able to hear the tunes but not so loud that I can't hear traffic or a horn honk, etc.

Don't completely close the audible world out...it can be detrimental if someone is doing the right thing trying to signal you with their horn....or you hear screeching tires in just enough time to react and avoid someone about to hit you.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 21:09:39

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bat Wing Fairing

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.