YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: 6Sigma Carb Kit
Reply #30 - 09/17/16 at 20:59:04

Dave wrote on 08/29/16 at 04:37:42:
Kris01 wrote on 08/23/16 at 21:01:37:
SavageRiderTN wrote on 08/23/16 at 19:34:50:
I went to a 160 main jet and a 55 primary. 2 spacers in place of the TEV. 3 turns out on the air mix.

You are running WAAAY rich! That main is 4 sizes up from what I'm using and we're at roughly the same altitude. See my sig. At 3 turns out, you are in danger of losing your screw. I think the accepted max is 2.5 turns out. If you have to go more then you need a smaller pilot jet.

At 3 turns out.....the tapered tip of the needle is no longer in the hole, and it is not doing anything.  If you need to turn the screw out more than 2.5 turns....you need a "smaller" pilot jet.

And I agree....the jets that are installed in this bike guarantee that it is running waaaay too rich.

"2 spacers in place of the TEV".....what you talkin' about Willis?  Did you put 2 washers in place of the white needle spacer.....or did you do something to eliminate the TEV (Throttle Enrichment Valve)? (The TEV is a diaphragm on the right side of the carb and the cover is held on by 3 screws).

To determine what pilot jet you need and what mixture screw setting is best.....it is done by ear.  If you can turn the mixture screw all the way in and the engine still runs....your pilot jet is too big.  You need to set the idle speed just a bit low in order to make the adjustment, as a 1,000 rpm and above idle speed makes it impossible to do the mixture screw adjustment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxpQjDQzX7g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm5mB3R8Ucw

Been gone for awhile and not able to post. To clarify I used 2 washers for the "white spacer mod". I am going to try to lean out my air mix a little and see what happens.

I have to be honest though, aside from lower fuel economy what is the downside to running rich? I have put around 400 miles on the bike since I made the changes and it runs so much better. Unless it is black smoking or fouling plugs there really isn't a downside.

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Re: 6Sigma Carb Kit
Reply #31 - 09/17/16 at 21:22:52

running rich can cause carbon build up( combustion chamber,valve stems) and wash the cylinder walls and piston rings(wear!)

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 10:43:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 6Sigma Carb Kit

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.