YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: 6Sigma Carb Kit
Reply #15 - 08/13/16 at 08:41:47

linking is not hard... goto the post you want to link, copy the address bar, go back to where you want to link it and reply, paste, post.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1466392164/15#16

The number at the end is the post number you want them to see.

another method is to quote the offending post, copy it, and paste it here in a reply...

Ruttly wrote on 06/20/16 at 15:08:19:
Your 57 ? You might be dead in 3 years
You have some backbone learning to ride at 57
All you need is bedroll credit cards big ass bag of beef jerky if you still have teeth & a few tools
Point that savage towards the mountains and ride
Send us a post when you get there
Oh and small cooler packed with ice and your favorite flavor of ENSURE !

Now ruttly, even you aren't too old to learn a new trick.

WWW   IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #16 - 08/13/16 at 08:44:23

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1466392164/0

Wow... I thought I needed to use the url button. Now I have a great shortcut. Just paste it in there!

2004 Suzuki Savage, Riding since fall 2015.
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #17 - 08/13/16 at 10:09:04

I work with big chrome wrenches  newbee don't own a computer just a iPhone & iPad  and don't know much about urls & copy paste files stuff !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #18 - 08/13/16 at 13:27:38

url is another name for a web address. Hold down  (2 buttons at the same time) CTRL and X for cut, CTRL and C for copy, CTRL and V for paste. Not sure about phone. Might work for iPad, who knows. It's crazy useful. Just click and drag to highlight some words, push those buttons to copy it and then click the area where you want it (assuming it's a place you're allowed to write on) and paste it . Cut is like copy but it moves the words instead of copying them and only works when you're allowed to actually edit (move or delete) the words (i.e. your own post). Copy works for nearly any text. You can instantly take notes from nearly any webpage. I'm going to guess that your iPad and phone have ways of copying and pasting. You just have to find 'em. Once you get good at it, you may wonder how you lived without it.

Apple stuff tends to use the "command" button for some stuff, so if ctrl doesn't work, you can try that.

And, yes, it works for files too. Wink

2004 Suzuki Savage, Riding since fall 2015.
  IP Logged
SavageRiderTN
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 08/20/16 at 20:43:09

Kris01 wrote on 08/12/16 at 19:14:14:
SavagerRiderTN, where are you located? I'm in TN too.

I'm about 30 miles west of Nashville. Dickson,TN. Where are you? Good to see someone "local"!

IP Logged
SavageRiderTN
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 08/20/16 at 20:49:32

Serowbot wrote on 08/11/16 at 22:33:11:
Ruttly wrote on 08/11/16 at 21:49:20:
That's cool a newbie telling a newbie what's up. Lots of good people & info here , ask first , that's why we are all here. Check with lancer & Versy in the market place

Sigma gives long distance jetting advice for a price...
We give it for free...
... but, realistically,.. you jet for your own riding....
If you don't want to put in the time,... I'll say 150/50 main/pilot, and a 2/3 spacer...

For instance,..Standard K/N filter,.. Sporty muff,.. but home ported exhaust...
I live at 2,600ft... ..but, I often ride out of town between 4,000 and 9,000ft...
It gets really hot here.. it's usually very dry... I rarely ride in rain, but when I do, it's monsoon...
Temps can vary 30 to 40f morning to evening...
I likes curves, and tend to ride up a gear...
My town is 40 miles across.. I can be stuck at 20 lights in 100f.. or just 3 or 4 in another direction...

Sigma can't jet that... I can't jet that..
I have to choose based on when I think the best average will be most useful.

I hope Sigma does you good... but, you can only really be sure by trial and error... jet up, jet down,.. find what suits best...
At least 3 pilots and 3 mains to play with...
I have a tuning guide in the Tech Section...

Thanks for the reply! There was something about the Sigma sight that made me feel good about ordering their kit. I do realize though that tuning is definitely going to be necessary. Trial and error to a degree for sure.

IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #21 - 08/21/16 at 09:05:39

SavageRiderTN wrote on 08/20/16 at 20:43:09:
Kris01 wrote on 08/12/16 at 19:14:14:
SavagerRiderTN, where are you located? I'm in TN too.

I'm about 30 miles west of Nashville. Dickson,TN. Where are you? Good to see someone "local"!

Memphis/Fayette County area

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
pam

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ft. Mitchell, KY
Reply #22 - 08/23/16 at 07:50:44

can someone post a link to lancers kit..... please

IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #23 - 08/23/16 at 08:29:25

IP Logged
SavageRiderTN
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 08/23/16 at 19:34:50

SavageRiderTN wrote on 08/11/16 at 21:11:18:
Has anyone used the 6Sigma carb kits? I just ordered one for my 02 and was just curios what everyone's experience was.

http://www.6sigmajetkit.com/

Quoting my own post here. I installed the 6Sigma kit last week. I removed the air box and added a giant K&N air filter in its place (which I will change at some point). I also removed the muffler and fabbed up my own turn down. It looks and sounds great! Best of all, it performs awesome!

I went to a 160 main jet and a 55 primary. 2 spacers in place of the TEV. 3 turns out on the air mix. The difference in performance is significant! Big difference in power all the way through.

IP Logged
SavageRiderTN
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 08/23/16 at 20:22:52

I also did the Raptor petcock swap too. This completely took care of the surging I had a steady throttle.

IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #26 - 08/23/16 at 21:01:37

SavageRiderTN wrote on 08/23/16 at 19:34:50:
I went to a 160 main jet and a 55 primary. 2 spacers in place of the TEV. 3 turns out on the air mix.

You are running WAAAY rich! That main is 4 sizes up from what I'm using and we're at roughly the same altitude. See my sig. At 3 turns out, you are in danger of losing your screw. I think the accepted max is 2.5 turns out. If you have to go more then you need a smaller pilot jet.

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
SavageRiderTN
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 08/28/16 at 18:23:01

It may be a tad bit rich, but I gotta tell ya this dude runs amazing. All of the popping everyone is always talking about is completely gone! The difference in power is VERY noticeable. It idles great too. Power is there all the way through from low to high speed. Before making the change, my bike really didn't like running 65-70 mph at all. It was way too lean. Tonight I ran back on I-40 at 75-80 comfortably without the bike sounding like it was about to fly apart. I'm not sure if I mentioned, I'm running no air box (very large K&N filter) and no muffler either. I fabricated a turndown off the header pipe. There has been a definite change in fuel economy but I'll accept that in exchange for the way it runs.

IP Logged
SavageRiderTN
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 08/28/16 at 18:40:43

I also put just a small dab of RTV behind my mix screw to make sure it wouldn't back out

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #29 - 08/29/16 at 04:37:42

Kris01 wrote on 08/23/16 at 21:01:37:
SavageRiderTN wrote on 08/23/16 at 19:34:50:
I went to a 160 main jet and a 55 primary. 2 spacers in place of the TEV. 3 turns out on the air mix.

You are running WAAAY rich! That main is 4 sizes up from what I'm using and we're at roughly the same altitude. See my sig. At 3 turns out, you are in danger of losing your screw. I think the accepted max is 2.5 turns out. If you have to go more then you need a smaller pilot jet.

At 3 turns out.....the tapered tip of the needle is no longer in the hole, and it is not doing anything.  If you need to turn the screw out more than 2.5 turns....you need a "smaller" pilot jet.

And I agree....the jets that are installed in this bike guarantee that it is running waaaay too rich.

"2 spacers in place of the TEV".....what you talkin' about Willis?  Did you put 2 washers in place of the white needle spacer.....or did you do something to eliminate the TEV (Throttle Enrichment Valve)? (The TEV is a diaphragm on the right side of the carb and the cover is held on by 3 screws).

To determine what pilot jet you need and what mixture screw setting is best.....it is done by ear.  If you can turn the mixture screw all the way in and the engine still runs....your pilot jet is too big.  You need to set the idle speed just a bit low in order to make the adjustment, as a 1,000 rpm and above idle speed makes it impossible to do the mixture screw adjustment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxpQjDQzX7g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm5mB3R8Ucw

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 10:42:29

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 6Sigma Carb Kit

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.