Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
A little cooler this August (Read 140 times)
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Re: A little cooler this August
Reply #15 - 08/12/16 at 02:29:16

Summer finally arrived yesterday. First time over 72 this year. Stopped wearing undershirts!!!! Cool

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #16 - 08/12/16 at 07:23:16

Dave wrote on 08/11/16 at 08:04:54:
If I could figure out a way to get a really small AC unit....that would be "cool"! Cool

The small AC units that I see are really much larger than the little trailer would need, and they would cycle on/off a constantly.  If is was small enough to use my little Harbor Freight 1,00 watt generator that would be even better - but I suspect the little Chinese made generator wouldn't survive very long if you actually put it into regular use.

I think you're not taking the lack of insulation into account, you should see how much the AC cycle in my travel trailer, even with an inch or two of insulation in the walls

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #17 - 08/12/16 at 07:49:31

Art:

My little trailer is insulated, and the roof is shiny silver - it does stay pretty cool even in the direct sun - but when it is 95 degrees in the shade....waddya' going to do.

The trailer is only 4' tall, 4' wide, and 8' long.....that is only 128 cubic feet.  The smallest affordable home units are 5,000 btu, and that is supposed to cool a 1,200 cubic foot room - 10 times the area of my trailer!  I also don't sleep very well with the fan noise from AC.

Since most of my trips are just to TN/NC....the nights are cool enough to provide reasonable sleeping temps.....so I don't really need AC.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #18 - 08/12/16 at 08:26:34

According to the weatherman last night, we have hit triple digit temperatures every day this week. Usually right about now it peaks and September starts to get decent again.  Tongue

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #19 - 08/12/16 at 13:15:55

east of the Mississ.... have global warming, northwest has the opposite, brrrrr!  Cool

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #20 - 08/12/16 at 13:29:24

Beginning tomorrow, instead of the upper 90's & 100+, it will be in the 80's for the next 10 days, and on Monday only a high of 81.  And it looks like possibility of rain for several of the days.
FALL is here !   Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #21 - 08/12/16 at 13:35:07

If you lost something I know where it went.

temps.jpg
WWW   IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #22 - 08/12/16 at 14:02:37

It is 108 degrees in Dallas at the moment....

Kenny G

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #23 - 08/12/16 at 18:38:25

Maybe there is something to this Global Warming thing.....at least in the summers.

Last night my wife slept out on the porch so she could watch the "Lame" meteor showers.  It was really nice outside, as I went out every couple of hours and watched for a bit.  The temperature was really nice, the sky was clear, and there was very little dew (or to do).  The meteor shower really wasn't very impressive - she only say about 6 all night.

If the weather is like that when you guys come to visit in a couple weeks, the tents will offer really nice sleeping.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #24 - 08/14/16 at 09:14:50

In the 80s yesterday with scattered thunder showers, so off I went.   Made it through the pass and oops.... One of the "scattered thunder showers" has decided to be "scattered" on the on the road about 5 miles ahead and closing...   "U" turn and back through the pass and on to the flats at warp speed...  Oh Goodie!!! Gusty side winds and a touch of hail on a now greasy highway while on a 400 pound motorcycle .  (Can you say twitchy ?) After about 1/2 a mile and a minor laundry bill, I was back on dry pavement just dealing with gusty side winds...  I was dried out by the time I got back in the garage... Looked at the raingear sitting next to the wind shield on the bench and went inside to sulk....  Embarrassed

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #25 - 08/14/16 at 09:42:46

Dave wrote on 08/12/16 at 07:49:31:
Art:

My little trailer is insulated, and the roof is shiny silver - it does stay pretty cool even in the direct sun - but when it is 95 degrees in the shade....waddya' going to do.

The trailer is only 4' tall, 4' wide, and 8' long.....that is only 128 cubic feet.  The smallest affordable home units are 5,000 btu, and that is supposed to cool a 1,200 cubic foot room - 10 times the area of my trailer!  I also don't sleep very well with the fan noise from AC.

Since most of my trips are just to TN/NC....the nights are cool enough to provide reasonable sleeping temps.....so I don't really need AC.

Right,  a 1200 cubic foot room with R13 insulation my TT is 768 cubic feet, that is a big difference, and I have a lot of windows, that also makes a big difference, and I doubt the R value of my insulation is better than, maybe, 6
I keep the (xtra thick) curtains drawn during the heat of the day and on cold nights
In your case though, where you don't camp in high heat tiomes / areas, it wouldn't make a lot of sense, especially if it bothers you
Me, I find it drowns out the neightbors' dogs very well Smiley

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #26 - 08/14/16 at 09:50:09

verslagen1 wrote on 08/11/16 at 08:43:28:
Dave wrote on 08/11/16 at 08:04:54:
If I could figure out a way to get a really small AC unit....that would be "cool"! Cool

Look for a dorm frig that peltier cooling unit.
mount it to the ceiling under a solar cell to run it.
Solar cell(s) shade the roof, leave an air gap.
I think you can reverse the poles for heating in winter.

this actually sounds like a cool idea, is there a link to a site which explains how to do it?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 06:32:18

General CategoryThe Cafe › A little cooler this August

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.