Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Oh boy! another ryra!-NOT! (Read 224 times)
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Re: Oh boy! another ryra!-NOT!
Reply #15 - 08/23/16 at 20:46:36

Well I'd like to thank all of you for jumping in! It was great to hear about your bikes and your reasons for riding that style, It's great to think the savage is a bike that holds value for us all!

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #16 - 08/24/16 at 16:03:38

My wife has her own savage... so I used the ultra tour pack from my harley road glide to "accessorize" the back. No two up on this bike!

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #17 - 08/25/16 at 13:26:08

batman wrote on 08/03/16 at 19:27:34:
I guess I must be getting old .I don't know why so many of our members are turning bikes into café racers.

I just don't know where to begin with this one...

I'm in my mid fifties and have been riding since I was 10 years old. I've owned about every configuration motorcycle there is at one time or another. I can't say that I've ever met a motorcycle that I didn't like. They're all different and they all put a simple on my face.

I've never owned a cafe racer, but always wanted to. The RYCA conversion seemed like a simple way to scratch my itch.

If this is the style of bike you like ,why not go buy a ninja 300 ,and have a purpose built ,more comfortable, and faster bike,with better brakes and handling , and save all the hassle and grief?

In addition to my cafe, I currently own a sportbike and standard. The cafe style isn't really about anything you just mentioned above. It's about riding a simple, lightweight machine. I could care less about horsepower - been there and rode that. It's just not for me. I'd much rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow. The LS650 cafe fits that bill perfectly. Regarding comfort, I don't find the bike uncomfortable at all. Buzzy yes, but not uncomfortable.

What "hassle and grief" are you talking about? I enjoy projects that are consuming (which this was not BTW) -providing an interesting challenge. I've built airplanes, houses, cars, firearms, motorcycles - anything I can really. Why buy something if I can build it. I do these things because I enjoy undertaking a challenge and learning new things. There is zero grief in crafting something. I enjoy the process and the outcome.

I guess I bought my savage to be what it is a cruiser ,a bike I have taken on 2000+ mile trips ,a bike I can ride until my tank hits reserve without my butt being on fire,a bike I've done 750 miles on day after day,and not felt beat up. I can understand the need to personalize your bike,I give credit to WD and his pictures of his 98 for leading me in that direction,from the crome eagle"s head on the sportser  front fender to the '38 beehive taillight on the Harley rear fender,my bike sure doesn't look stock.but it is much more rideable ! I'm sure to take some heat for this ,but I had to lay it out there.

Yup, to each his own. And for the very reasons you articulated your pleasure of owning a certain type of motorcycle, there are thousands of riders that find pleasure in other aspects of riding. Motocross, enduro, trials, trail riding, hare scrambles, street riding, track riding, cruising, adventure, commuting, iron butt...all niche corners of the cycling experience. I've been lucky to enjoy all of these at one point of my life. I look forward to finding new aspects of riding, meeting new friends and discovering new skills. I might even purpose build that next bike.

Rather then look down or away from those that ride different types of bikes, you should give something different a try. You might discover a new reason to love motorcycles.

This isn't a rant or a slam at you, I'm just giving you the perspective of someone that has a lifetime of motorcycling experience and who knows that I don't know it all...yet.

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 06:26:04

General CategoryThe Cafe › Oh boy! another ryra!-NOT!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.