Send Topic Print
dyna muffler query (Read 273 times)
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Re: dyna muffler query
Reply #15 - 08/06/16 at 17:16:30

@justin_o_guy2

Not yet because I was just doing a preliminary search and spotted this ridiculously low priced one on US ebay. One wonders why s/h dyna muffs are not available on ebay AU. I will take your advice and try to track down those who fit the antisocial pipes on harley's.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #16 - 08/07/16 at 05:00:49

I placed a "wanted" add in the local Craigslist that I was looking for used DYNA mufflers.  I had a couple people contact me, and one was a great looking set that were like new......the only downside was it took a 3 hour round trip to go pick them up!

Lots of riders buy a new set and install them, then put their original mufflers in the box......and then just leave them up on the shelf in their garage and forget about them.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #17 - 08/07/16 at 05:53:20

Dave wrote on 08/07/16 at 05:00:49:
snip

I wrote to the ebay seller but it's an estate lot and he can't check the baffles and if I'm going to put a dyna on I'd like it to be bog stock. So I'll go around to all the local harley dealers and start putting some wanted posters up and take my time as there's no rush.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
WBAwhenbearsattack
YaBB Newbies

Oh Bother

Lewisville, Texas
Reply #18 - 08/07/16 at 20:29:27

zipidachimp wrote on 08/03/16 at 11:59:32:
them's the right ones! good price too!   6 lbs lighter than stock muffler.  Cool

Do they sound good? Or a lot like stock just Lighter?

“Could you spare a small smackerel?”
  IP Logged
WBAwhenbearsattack
YaBB Newbies

Oh Bother

Lewisville, Texas
Reply #19 - 08/07/16 at 20:30:52

eau de sauvage wrote on 08/07/16 at 05:53:20:
snip

I wrote to the ebay seller but it's an estate lot and he can't check the baffles and if I'm going to put a dyna on I'd like it to be bog stock. So I'll go around to all the local harley dealers and start putting some wanted posters up and take my time as there's no rush.

Are we just not lucky enough that no one makes an exact bolt on for our bikes? It all has to be modified if we want to get away from stock pipes ?

“Could you spare a small smackerel?”
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #20 - 08/07/16 at 20:49:28

WBAwhenbearsattack wrote on 08/07/16 at 20:29:27:
zipidachimp wrote on 08/03/16 at 11:59:32:
them's the right ones! good price too!   6 lbs lighter than stock muffler.  Cool

Do they sound good? Or a lot like stock just Lighter?

Much deeper than stock and just a little louder.

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #21 - 08/08/16 at 04:33:39

WBAwhenbearsattack wrote on 08/07/16 at 20:30:52:
eau de sauvage wrote on 08/07/16 at 05:53:20:
snip

Are we just not lucky enough that no one makes an exact bolt on for our bikes? It all has to be modified if we want to get away from stock pipes ?

The only bolt on muffler I am aware of is made by SuperTrapp, and it is louder than I like on a motorcycle (but still tolerable) - but they are pretty expensive and the bike runs well with them as the discs to provide the needed backpressure.  This may be the best muffler for you......and I somehow get the feeling you will remove the end cap and and discs and try to run it "unbaffled".

Raask is the only company that makes a complete bolt on kit that has a header pipe included, and it is reported to be loud (unfortunately).  The Raask is not made in the US, and I don't know where (or how) you can order one

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 14:28:56

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › dyna muffler query

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.