JPSavage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ridgewood, NJ
Sissy Bar?
07/29/16 at 07:17:02

Hey gang,

Has anyone put a cooler-looking sissy bar on their bike?  OR better yet, figured out a way to put one on with a quick release for when it's time to take it off?

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Re: Sissy Bar?
Reply #1 - 07/29/16 at 08:52:14

I think it is WD that had a homemade one on one of his bikes. Others have as well.  Hang tight and I am sure some pics will come along from them.

I don't think I have seen a quick release here, but that doesn't mean someone won't surprise us with one. I can envision a way to make one if you use the stock pillions for the stock sissy bar, the same size square tubing that fits snug/properly in the hole, drill holes through the pillion and sissy bar from the outside, and use a quick release thingy on each side to hold it in there. Might rattle some though since it is not "bolted" in snug.  Just a thought.....

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
JPSavage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ridgewood, NJ
Reply #2 - 07/29/16 at 09:12:38

That's kind of my thought.  It just doesn't seem efficient to spend 2 hours installing the thing for the twice a year that my wife goes on the back.

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #3 - 07/29/16 at 09:39:27

It would take some work, but what if you took the stock sissy bar and added on the metal side pieces (you'd have to make them) like in this picture. To hold it on, you would have to make a notch in the front and loosen one of the pillion acorn nuts and slip it in. On the back, you would have to do the quick release pin or something like that to hold the rear.  

Ideas...ideas...but yeah, is it worth it?

839_469_600x400_quikdetach_short_raised.jpg

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 16:36:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Sissy Bar?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.