Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
If all requests must be met, what is it FOR? (Read 34 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
If all requests must be met, what is it FOR?
07/24/16 at 19:58:28

This Is what America IS! Local interests decide what suits THEIR COMMUNITY.
The feds Are going Against the constitution here. The spirit of it, if not the letter.

http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2016/07/22/476372/US-Justice-Department-sue-Bens...

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Re: If all requests must be met, what is it FOR?
Reply #1 - 07/24/16 at 20:43:46

I have to wonder why the DoJ is acting as the complainant instead of the community members who want to build the mosque ???     I smell the PC police bullying everyone .....      

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #2 - 07/24/16 at 20:45:32

The feds are way off base here.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 07/25/16 at 14:26:05

Quote:
The suit also seeks to have the township pay unspecified damages and offer training for the town’s employees on religious land-use laws.

Members of the local Islamic community sought to build a mosque after years of renting a local fire hall for worship, but as plans moved forward, the Bensalem Township Zoning Hearing Board ultimately rejected the application in a 4-0 vote.

Interesting, they are suing, not prosecuting.  So they haven't violated a law.
Yet they offer training?  in what, invalid laws?
And they'll have to prove damages... don't think they have a leg to stand on.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 07/25/16 at 14:59:17

hat is the definition of a building permit?
DEFINITION of 'Building Permits' A type of authorization that must be granted by a government or other regulatory body before the construction of a new or existing building can legally occur.

I know it's meant to give someone a chance to be sure that its design meets codes, and is being put in a place where the code allows, but is a permit also Granting Permission for That kind of establishment?

What are the odds that in a Muslim community a guy could get a permit to sell BLTs, pulled pork, e t c?
The community is obviously not Hostile to the people who want to build a mosque,. They have been renting the same place for years. I guess maybe it Would look funny if it burned down.

Is it possible that the city's upper krust just don't want a mosque?
What percentage are Muslim?
How big is the town?
Would the proposed location and size and design make it stick out disproportionately to the rest of the town?
Have they submitted the design?
Is there a reason to not authorize it?

Yeah, I know. I'm just not thinking.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #5 - 07/25/16 at 15:25:07

wiki says it has 2 Jewish synagogues and a Buddhist temple.
I didn't see any westboro baptist churches.

Quote:
The Bensalem Masjid says that it tried to buy existing houses of worship, which would already be zoned correctly, but none were interested in selling. It put in bids on other properly zoned parcels, but those bids were rejected or went unanswered. Finally, the group found a 4.58-acre, three-parcel stretch of property on Hulmeville Road that would be perfect for its needs — big enough for a cafeteria, a school, and all of the other facilities they wanted to bring to the Muslims in the area — but the group of properties weren’t zoned for house-of-worship use. And so, the Bensalem Masjid went before the zoning board to try to get a variance.
Read more at http://www.phillymag.com/news/2014/12/10/bensalem-mosque-masjid/#IqyOiiVltEql...

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 07/25/16 at 15:54:23

Good one!  --
The Old Westboro thing is always good for a laugh..

Seems like the community isn't against religions other than your average 1960s American township would have .

Jews, Buddists, maybe the townspeople feel like they are diversified enough?
They already have the Muslim POPULATION, so, maybe the answer is in the questions I asked?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/17/24 at 08:10:58

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › If all requests must be met, what is it FOR?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.