norm92de
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso TX
Forum advertisements!!
07/21/16 at 16:26:03

FWIW,
I am a member of the Triumph forum. The site is now of no use because of the advertisements.

Nothing gets done until the advertisers have been paid. It has become a complete joke. Pop ups everywhere, the site just stops working until the ads have downloaded. I rarely go there anymore.

So sad! Talk about killing the golden goose.

I am praying that the Savage forum doesn't go the same way, it would be a tragedy. This forum is so good, full of knowledgeable people who are trying to help other enthusiasts. :'(

2014 S40. Raptor. idle mixture adj.Needle raised one notch. 4000' altitude. Stock jets. Shell Rotella synthetic.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Forum advertisements!!
Reply #1 - 07/25/16 at 19:32:19

I have that problem with a lot of computer sites.  We live in the country and the internet service is not great, and those advertisements, especially the ones with moving video can really bog the computer down to "dial up" speeds.

I do believe the folks that design those sites really don't understand that not everyone has high speed internet.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #2 - 07/28/16 at 08:07:02

That doesn't even mention RAM usage. I like to use a lot of tabs. Browsers just take up too much ram these days, even running linux. Sometimes I have to cut the power and restart because it just becomes unresponsive.

How much of it do ya think has to do with ads? Maybe websites these days are just too heavy. Just think... Back in the old days of dialup, we got by, right? Do a lot of websites seriously have to be so resource heavy?

2004 Suzuki Savage, Riding since fall 2015.
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #3 - 07/29/16 at 09:56:02

Dave wrote on 07/25/16 at 19:32:19:
I have that problem with a lot of computer sites.  We live in the country and the internet service is not great, and those advertisements, especially the ones with moving video can really bog the computer down to "dial up" speeds.

I live in the country and only internet we can get is satellite. I use firefox and there are extensions that help.  I use one called adblock plus that helps stop the ads and another called FlashStopper that stops videos from playing automatically.  

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 16:45:15

General CategoryForum Upgrade Issues / Tests › Forum advertisements!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.