Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Don't you wish you had these cops? (Read 93 times)
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Don't you wish you had these cops?
07/17/16 at 14:08:46

http://www.cracked.com/personal-experiences-2353-i-was-cop-in-country-with-no...

Unfortunately, part of the reason has to do with the lack of people carrying guns. Serowbot's gonna love that.

2004 Suzuki Savage, Riding since fall 2015.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Don't you wish you had these cops?
Reply #1 - 07/17/16 at 22:59:55

I do, Cheapy,,... ...I do... Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #2 - 07/18/16 at 09:01:16

So everyone is gonna let Serowbot win an argument?  What a catastrophe! Cheesy

Where's JOG when you need him? Oh, yeah, I burned him out on a broken head bolt. Oops.

Sorry Bot...This is all my fault.  Cheesy Nobody's left to beat the stuffing out of our favorite puppet.  You know you love it.  Cheesy

Grin

IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #3 - 07/19/16 at 08:35:38

Crickets....

reee--reee--reee

reee--reee--reee

Do we actually have a good argument against gun rights? Simply that cops suck when they're worried about being shot?

Beaten by a yellow puppet. Come on Justin, you can do better than this.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 07/19/16 at 09:25:08

Calm down with the crickets.
I've been trying to formulate a response.

Which came first?
People with guns or the militarization of the police force.

As one escalates, the other escalates. Almost like that Betari Box (see, I read the article).

The 2nd Amendment is meant to level the playing field. Police need an advantage. It builds...

... and lunch is over. Bye, Felicia.

--Steve

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 07/19/16 at 11:20:44

cheapnewb24 wrote on 07/19/16 at 08:35:38:
Crickets....

reee--reee--reee

reee--reee--reee

Do we actually have a good argument against gun rights? Simply that cops suck when they're worried about being shot?

Beaten by a yellow puppet. Come on Justin, you can do better than this.

If you're interested  in arguing   For being disarmed , get after it. I'm tired of trying to get people to see what they HAVE ,, are there problems? Yes. Is the answer just
Give up your RIGHTS?
No.

But, I'm tired of dealing with slaves.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 07/19/16 at 11:53:33

JOG; no one's going to stick through an argument from beginning to end. You saw what Sew did, he bailed. But what else is he gonna do...?

I've settled on this; if you're going to abandon one of the amendments, the freaking Bill of Rights for crying out loud, and your justification is to save lives, law & order etc.... if you're serious, then abandon the 4th amendment.

You could stop virtually all crime if you could just get rid of that pesky illegal search and seizure clause. Look at all the delay in getting a warrant? .... Times are different now.  I mean the founding fathers couldn't have foreseen the kind of high powered locks we have on our doors today, or email, or text messages, or thumb drives etc.....   The Constitution is a living document, right?....

Dump the 4th! Dump the 4th!... Do it for the kids.....!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 07/19/16 at 11:57:08

Ohh, nobody has to chant in support of eliminating the fourth or first,any of them... lose the second,,the rest will follow.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #8 - 07/19/16 at 20:46:41

Paraquat wrote on 07/19/16 at 09:25:08:
Calm down with the crickets.
I've been trying to formulate a response.

Which came first?
People with guns or the militarization of the police force.

As one escalates, the other escalates. Almost like that Betari Box (see, I read the article).

The 2nd Amendment is meant to level the playing field. Police need an advantage. It builds...

... and lunch is over. Bye, Felicia.

--Steve

I haven't studied the article much, but I remember that it not only had to do with the lack of weapons, but the supposed fact that these British police officers carry a different sort of philosophy.

Although the cop interviewed would change his perspective against the wholesale carrying of weapons if the citizens started carrying weapons, he also was of the opinion that many officers shouldn't carry guns.

Perhaps our police force needs a paradigm shift.

Also, I work with a fellow who is a martial artist of sorts. If I remember correctly, he can supposedly take just about any weapon away from you and use it against you. Told a story about tossing a knife for an opponent to pick up and fight him, then warning him that once he did he would use it against him. The point is that our police officers shoot and kill people over a so much as a knife, even so much as a screwdriver, if you remember that incident. However, it is THEIR JOB to apprehend people, and, naturally, some will fight. Isn't it a significant problem that these officers have to kill people to do their job? Shoot them, kill them, and then read the corpse his rights, and throw the rotting skeleton in prison. Stupid, ain't it?

Have we come to the point where our police are like the Roman soldiers of old? Have we come to the idea of "OBEY OR DIE"? I don't know exactly how the Romans dealt with things, but I do remember something of this: A Roman soldier would be traveling through a territory, and he could legally order someone (probably a young man) to carry his load a mile. If he refused, the soldier would kill him. I think the Bible mentions (perhaps Jesus himself) carrying the soldier's load an extra mile. This is where that axiom "going the extra mile" comes from.

What's next? "You're under arrest!" ... "But I don't wanna!"... BANG!... You're dead.

Is the fear of imminent death as a result of disobedience the kind of way we want to run our justice system?

There are effective ways of disarming well armed and very dangerous people without killing them. Skilled martial artists can demonstrate this. In the blink of an eye, one of them will have taken the gun right out of your hand, cocked it and be pointing it between your eyes. And we can't demand that our police practice these techniques? Lives depend on it. It's part of their job, is it not?

IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #9 - 07/19/16 at 20:54:45

IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #10 - 07/19/16 at 20:56:20

IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #11 - 07/19/16 at 21:00:49

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0hBL8mEPng

Even the Colombians can disarm someone without killing him!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 07/20/16 at 02:52:12

If I'm so afraid of you that I point a gun at you, I'm not gonna let you be close enough to Touch the gun. That's just stupid.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 07/20/16 at 06:22:26

Gun fights are five feet, six seconds.
But you better believe distance is advantageous. I get so mad watching movies... never let the bad guy get that close to you!

Anyway, I just watched Rebel Without a Cause. What a terrible movie.
No plot, horrible character development (no motivation for the characters), no real resolution.

Plato unloads on a gang member, and a police officer with a Colt 1911. The officer is carrying a revolve but doesn't return fire while in pursuit.
Was it really like that, 60 years ago?

Escalation of force.
John Dillinger, Bonnie and Clyde. People had weapons. Force was escalated... and my break is over.

--Steve

IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #14 - 07/20/16 at 08:48:23

Back years ago, police were allowed to shoot you in the back just for running away or something. That ended around 1980. Let me see if I can find it.

Here's one:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/10/us/south-carolina-case-police-deadly-force/

1985, maybe?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 14:25:43

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Don't you wish you had these cops?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.