Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Is it fair....... Dunno, perhaps (Read 93 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Is it fair....... Dunno, perhaps
07/14/16 at 09:48:31

Re: S.C judge Ginsburg.

Yeah, it was a pretty lame remark. Coming from a person who one might hope deals in not in assumptions and summations, but facts.
I too find Trumps campaign rethoric appalling, but I can easily find it in Hillary, Obama, and many politicians. It seems anything is fair in the campaign season. If you are to hold one to a standard, why not all, you know, just like our laws, huh  Roll Eyes

Anyway, maybe we should have a senility litmus test for these oldsters...
For quite frankly, times change, and so should our "constitutional" laws based upon more current political/societal views of its citizenry....

I dunno, I'll open that for debate, but I think it's fair to say dinosaurs and buggy whips are not current, anymore  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Is it fair....... Dunno, perhaps
Reply #1 - 07/14/16 at 10:00:21

When Trump says "I could kill somebody in the street, and not lose any votes"...
What's he really saying?... Undecided...

What's he saying about his own supporters?... Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 07/14/16 at 10:21:28

Serowbot wrote on 07/14/16 at 10:00:21:
When Trump says "I could kill somebody in the street, and not lose any votes"...

Do you have a link to that statement?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 07/14/16 at 10:26:39

He said something to that effect.
I think the point was more
People are so sick of the Establishment career politicians and their lies , wars, debt, etc. that I could shoot someone and people would still rather have me for president.

Hillary walking after having committed criminal offences has pissed off everyone who is even almost honest.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 07/14/16 at 10:52:53

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/14/16 at 10:26:39:
He said something to that effect.
I think the point was more
People are so sick of the Establishment career politicians and their lies , wars, debt, etc. that I could shoot someone and people would still rather have me for president.

Hillary walking after having committed criminal offences has pissed off everyone who is even almost honest.

I was hoping for context, I know sarcasm.....  Grin

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 07/14/16 at 11:09:10

Donald Trump said Saturday that his supporters are so loyal that he would not lose backers even if he were to shoot someone in the middle of downtown Manhattan.

"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, okay, and I wouldn't lose any voters, okay?" Trump said at a rally in Sioux Center, Iowa as the audience laughed. "It's, like, incredible."

Trump has previously boasted about the devotion of his fans, but the new comment is the most extreme example of such a remark.

A recent NBC News/Survey Monkey poll suggested that Trump supporters, once decided, are likely to stay with him. About half of respondents backing the real estate mogul said they were "absolutely certain" that they will vote for Trump.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-says-he-could-shoot-someb...

--Steve

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 07/14/16 at 12:10:30

Thanks Steve....

Not that I think it matters to Botheads, they read, black or white, hot or cold, democrats or republican...... And call it intellectual honesty.
This quote, and the twisting of it to fit their agenda, only exemplifies the wrongness of Ruth uddering such personal opines based on nothing but speculation and a distaste for Donald, how these folk think, or don't think, depending on what your definition of thinking is-is  Grin

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 07/14/16 at 14:00:04

Leftist ditto heads ,, they don't think either. They just parrot the talking points and pretend that if they can say it faster than anyone else they win a prize.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #8 - 07/14/16 at 15:03:15

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/14/16 at 14:00:04:
Leftist ditto heads ,, they don't think either. They just parrot the talking points and pretend that if they can say it faster than anyone else they win a prize.

Reminds me of a solder who said, I might not agree with what you say, but I will fight the enemy to defend our freedom to speak.

The liberal: you can't say that you racist, sexist, homophobe redneck  Grin

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #9 - 07/14/16 at 15:17:16

Leftist ditto heads ,, they don't think either.

Where did the term "dittohead" come from?...
Uh huh... Huh

Now,.. it's "Yer'agreatmerkin"...

Same thing... Sheep...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 07/14/16 at 15:36:36

Serowbot wrote on 07/14/16 at 15:17:16:

Uh huh... Huh

Same thing... Sheep...

Are you not able to see THAT IS WHAT I WAS SAYING.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #11 - 07/14/16 at 16:09:07

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/14/16 at 15:36:36:
Serowbot wrote on 07/14/16 at 15:17:16:

Uh huh... Huh

Same thing... Sheep...

Are you not able to see THAT IS WHAT I WAS SAYING.

Sheep look funny in blinders  Angry

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 07/14/16 at 16:49:00

Serowbot wrote on 07/14/16 at 10:00:21:

What was Obama saying when he madw the comments about bringing a gun to a knofe fight?.....What was he really saying?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 07/14/16 at 16:55:56

I don't know,how about showing us the quote?

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 07/15/16 at 09:25:11

raydawg wrote on 07/14/16 at 16:09:07:
Sheep look funny in blinders  Angry

Even funnier in lingerie.

Q. Did President Obama once say of Republicans: “If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun.”

A: Yes. Obama made those remarks at a fundraiser in Philadelphia during the 2008 presidential campaign. He was paraphrasing a quote from the 1987 mob movie "The Untouchables."

FULL QUESTION

Good evening: A WGN talk show was trying to draw a direct comparison between Pres. Obama and Sarah Palin in BOTH having contributed to the hatred across the country:

The host said while Palin had her crosshairs, Pres. Obama has said (meaning Republicans): "If they bring knives, we will use guns."

I follow politics closely and cannot remember seeing or hearing such a statement, and the show did not site a year or source.

Thanks if you can help, as I'm in a debate with the show host.

FULL ANSWER

We have received a lot of questions about Obama's quote since the Jan. 8 shootings in Tucson, Ariz., which left six people dead, injured Democratic Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and sparked a national debate about the tone of political discourse.

One reader asked if Obama was misquoted or if the quote was taken out of context, because "it just doesn't sound like Obama." He indeed said it at a 2008 fundraiser in Philadelphia, but the quote may not "sound like Obama" because it was first uttered by Sean Connery in "The Untouchables" — a 1987 movie about Eliot Ness, a federal agent in Chicago who was credited with bringing down mobster Al Capone. Connery played Jim Malone, an honest, tough, Irish American cop recruited by Ness (played by Kevin Costner) to help deal with Chicago mobsters. Connery's character said this in the movie: "Here's how you get him. He pulls a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. That's the Chicago way!"

Chozick, June 13, 2008: He [Obama] warned that the general election campaign could get ugly. “They’re going to try to scare people. They’re going to try to say that ‘that Obama is a scary guy,’ ” he said. A donor yelled out a deep accented “Don’t give in!”

“I won’t but that sounded pretty scary. You’re a tough guy,” Obama said.

“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,” Obama said. “Because from what I understand folks in Philly like a good brawl. I’ve seen Eagles fans.”

http://www.factcheck.org/2011/01/obama-guns-and-the-untouchables/

--Steve

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 16:38:45

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Is it fair....... Dunno, perhaps

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.