YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
The butcher, the baker,
07/13/16 at 00:22:15

...the candlestick-maker,...

I won'r serve you,... because you're black... Hispanic, Asian....
...because you're Jewish...
... because you're gay...
.. because you're a woman,.. a man...
...too young,.. old...
.. because you're a gun owner,.. fat,.. ugly...  an not a very nice person,.. an ex of my girlfriend,.. a Brexit supporter... a Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Atheist,...  Nephilim,   supporter...

Do you want a list of prejudices that are allowed and dis-allowed...
... or do want all American citizens to have the right to be served?...

Should prejudice be legislated?,.. or abolished?...
Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: The butcher, the baker,
Reply #1 - 07/13/16 at 04:58:00

Now you have asked a question that can never, ever, be satisfied to the satisfaction of all.....
First, and I am beginning to feel like Jog, no one listens to this, but prejudice is NOT an ugly word that presently viewed with much negitivity, no!
It is merely our default position in trying to navigate through life/interactions/beliefs based on incomplete data, or absence of knowledge.
It's how we are wired, just like some folks are Gay.

Now deciding morality based on YOUR prejudice will always invite conflict, always.
Do you think legislating or laws,change people's hearts?
This is the root reasoning to separation of church and state!
Presently, he'll, let's say forever, this country was founded by the upper 1 percenters.
You had to have title/land to have say.
Look at your gal Hillary, she is the dead ringer for ruling by aristocrats...
Don't you see that?
Jesus got pissed at these Jews who took advantage of the weaker at the tabernacle, when it came to sacrificing their offerings...
Only time you saw him lose his buzz!

Tell me, who makes the laws Bot?

Moral superiority?
Wealth?
Who?

In businesses today the companies doing well share the wealth across the work force, incentive and a self of owning your labor.

Does our gubbermint run as a business?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 07/13/16 at 06:05:19

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.

--Steve

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 07/13/16 at 06:37:42

Paraquat wrote on 07/13/16 at 06:05:19:
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.

--Steve

Context is everything Steve....
Just like in scripture.
Refusing to serve an obvious drunk patron is mitigating your responsibility to their actions.
To refuse to serve someone based on race, runs counter to why you even run a business
Yes, then let it fail, right, no.....
Let a quack Doctor perform until he has no more patients?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 07/13/16 at 06:56:11

If you own a business but choose to Not engage in commerce with some people for whatever reason, then you're passing up profits And risking the ire of those people's friends, causing further reductions in profits. Anyone smart enough to Be in business should understand that. So, people who are in business are firstly trying to Stay in business. They WANT to make money.  So, when they refuse the opportunity to sell, you can bet THEY believe they have a good reason.

Prejudice? Or Discrimination?

The baker didn't Pre Judge anything... When they want two men on the cake,  the judging is done.

Discrimination, we all discriminate daily.

I've explained this several times. What do you not get?

Is there anyone who you would feel so disgusted doing business with that you would choose a losing legal battle Rather than contract with them? What conviction! Agree or not, such strong belief is commendable.

Forcing someone to be even a peripheral part of a religious ceremony that goes against their religious beliefs,,  THAT'S the America that you want?
The First Amendment guarantees our right to freedom of religion AND the right to practice/express it anywhere, anytime,,  

But, the baker is to be legally Forced not only to Not honor His beliefs, but to desecrate them, IN HIS OWN BAKERY?

That crack you made

Works for me..

Pissed me off, but helped me understand. I've seen a pattern.
I EXPLAIN thought processes, lay out logical arguments, and when you see that you don't have anything to counter you just come back with whatever you feel like and pretend you Don't need to think about what I said.
It's looking to me like you've adopted someone else's talking points rather than rationally concluding much of anything . Looks like you've got quite a few
shoulds and ottas
making your decisions. Should and otta, in and of themselves, aren't bad, but you Really should consider private property and religious freedom of people.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 07/13/16 at 07:26:46

Jog, use your reasoning on my doctor analogy please.
People want a free market to services, fine.
Let the product and skill dictate then.
Settle disputes in courts then for dameges?
If you succumb at the hands of the Doctor how does that solve your problem?
I think in the pot thread you said you don't want pilots high, but isn't that a personal choice and business descion too?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #6 - 07/13/16 at 07:34:08

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/13/16 at 06:56:11:
But, the baker is to be legally Forced not only to Not honor His beliefs, but to desecrate them, IN HIS OWN BAKERY?

Let's make America Great Again... like it used to be...????

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 07/13/16 at 08:11:32

Let's make America Great Again... like it used to be...????

$hit like that pi$$es me off to no end because it perpetuates the dangerous like that Trump and Republicans are racist. Stuff like that is what causes Dallas.

Trump is not a racist, neither am I and neither are the vast majority of Republicans. Of the racist I do know, just as many are democrats as republicans.

Now, off my soap box. No one seriously believes a public business can refuse to sell products to a black man because of their skin or a gay man because he likes it up the .....well you know.  

However, forcing a church to marry two gay guys is different. Forcing a baker to make a cake for two gay women is different. There is a line the government shouldn't force a business to cross. I think that line can be based on behavior, not skin color for example. But there also has to be a historical precedent. In other words, the Catholic Church has been against homosexuality and birth control since before this nation began. I think that's a valid reason to exclude them from being forced to provide abortion pills for their employees. Secondly, there has to be an alternative recourse for the 'affected' party. The baker can get a cake in other places. (Of course, as we all know, the militant lesbos that started this don't have the balls to go to a muslim baker.....)

However, Westboro Church for example has no real historical precedent to protest gays so I would say they could not legally discriminate.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 07/13/16 at 09:21:25

Ray, the market eventually settles and decides.

For instance, I will keep seeing my PCP opposed to a back-alley doctor who is willing to inject Fix-A-Flat into patients.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2904065/Transgender-toxic-tush-doctor...

--Steve

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 07/13/16 at 09:27:32

Ray, Bot, each of you are failing to see Why the baker didn't want to be involved. It's Far past some petty thing. It's telling Someone that they Will be a part of a celebration of sodomy.

A crappy doctor being allowed to injure and kill is somehow analogous to the baker? Too ridiculous to even explain Why it's ridiculous.
The baker was not operating out of hatred for homosexuals.
Everything I saw about them told me that they would serve queers all day long. Wanna cupcake, cupcake? Pick them out, I'll bag them up.. No problem.
But, asking him to contract with them for a part of the ceremony?
No, because that goes against his RELIGIOUS beliefs.

And how strongly Held were those beliefs?
HE was Uncompromising and willing to be Persecuted rather than yield.

And rather than See just how INTOLERANT your leftist zealots are, you set your teeth in His leg, when a Truly Tolerant person would have gone elsewhere..

But you can't admit that.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #10 - 07/13/16 at 09:54:17

I believe you should be able to deny service if you can show/redirect them to equal service.
Or no more than a basic service should be required otherwise.
You may need to provide a cake, but not required to put "Happy buggery" on it if that offends you.

WWW   IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #11 - 07/13/16 at 11:27:19

Remember the gun store guy who refused to sell the Orlando  nightclub killer body armor and some other stuff 'cause he seemed "creepy"?  Jihadi dude shuda sued. ACLU woulda took the case. Discrimination against "creeps" is still discrimination isn't it.

Media thought the gun store guy did a good and honorable thing. Could it be that ones political agenda determines whether a merchant or other provider of services is free to decide whom he does or does not serve?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #12 - 07/13/16 at 12:40:23

Gee, did I get censored again??????

I get it you guys, I do, BUT, unlike the surperior bot and the liberals, I come at it from a practical point of view.
I work in commercial aviation and we do need a guide line, not so much the FAA per se, but a standard.
Now the bleeding hearts would say it's not fair that a vendor making AC parts is not represented by a certain segment of society, and that's wrong.
So, they demand this overlooked group gets a contract first and foremost based on that criteria and NOT their ability to manufacture a part that can meet the build standards....
So which " state " oversight/program should prevail?

The moment you let faith/belief, etc, into the equation as a mitigating factor, you just opened a flood gate that all will try and pass through....
It's that simple, the color of their twang or where they stuck it I don't care...
It's a dead horse!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 07/13/16 at 13:17:34

First, merchants WANT TO MAKE MONEY.
They also don't want negative PR.
The baker wasn't greedy or scared of the PR.
He was Following his conscience. He has Strong religious beliefs and nobody should be forced to operate in conflict with their religious beliefs.

Ever heard of a conscientious objector?
If it's good enough to keep someone from defending the country, it's enough to keep from baking a cake which makes him a part of the celebration of an unholy union.
The people who don't understand this just blow my mind.

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #14 - 07/13/16 at 13:41:37

Here's my take on all of it, rather simply, and similar to why a local private school refuses to take one dime from government programs they COULD partake in.

If you pay your business takes and license fees and operate honestly as a business following all of the business rules. etc. and you take in NO government benefits such as small business grants, special tax breaks because you are a minority or female, etc. and pay your fair share, then the government should have NO say so in how you run your business. You should have the right to refuse service to anyone (aside from the key issues such as race, sex, etc.) for any reason. Not saying it's right, but it's YOUR business to grow or crash into the ground.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 22:32:13

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › The butcher, the baker,

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.