Send Topic Print
Battery and charging. (Read 255 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Battery and charging.
Reply #30 - 07/14/16 at 17:42:23

IT will but I Won't. And that suggestion is as close to blasphemy as anything I've ever Heard! Now you go wash your keyboard off with lye soap, young man!
Actually I Would consider adding a modern charger, but I would not ditch this one, ever. Even IF it dies,I will put it on my Antique American tools shelf.

What's the basics? Amperage, cost , stuff,,, Name?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #31 - 07/14/16 at 18:31:32

Savageman wrote on 07/14/16 at 15:37:07:
JOG you need to throw away that old Allstate battery charger. The new gen chargers are idiot proof and intelligent. They won't cook a good battery or overcharge it with to much current/voltage. Technology is great!  Grin

The problem with those new fangled fancy shmancy chargers - is that they will only charge a battery that already is mostly charged.  If a battery gets pretty low, the new chargers won't charge it.  You have to trick the charger into charging by connecting it in parallel with a battery that is already charged...before you connect the "smart" charger.

I have some fancy chargers and battery tenders - but I keep my antique charger for those batteries that are run down low.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #32 - 07/14/16 at 18:36:36

chargers for bikes should be 2amp or less according to most.6amp,I'd be keeping a really close eye on.That being said,I use a 11/2 amp smart charger and had to use a paint brush and baking soda and water ,to scrub the 'puke' off a large 20amp battery after charging overnight.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Savageman

Knowledge is half
the battle

Marysville, California
Reply #33 - 07/14/16 at 19:43:51

The problem with those new fangled fancy shmancy chargers - is that they will only charge a battery that already is mostly charged.  If a battery gets pretty low, the new chargers won't charge it.  You have to trick the charger into charging by connecting it in parallel with a battery that is already charged...before you connect the "smart" charger.

It depends on the charger you buy. I got one that will also start a car. It will bring a battery up that is flat as long as the battery has good cell integrity and no calcification.The small 1.5amp trickle chargers don't have enough kick in em to bring up a dead 12 amp hour battery. Search for this model Schumacher XC10 10/6/2-Amp Battery Charger. It will work for cars, trucks, and MC batteries. Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 06:30:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Battery and charging.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.