Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New signals in the rear... (Read 54 times)
webbrob
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

San Diego, CA
New signals in the rear...
07/10/16 at 21:07:07

I just got done installing these blinkers. Had to remove the chrome thingamajigs the bolting Assyrian for the new blinkers were not long enough to secure to the chrome parts. I routed the wires up through the brake light grommet and added in some Suzuki wiring adapters so I didn't have to cut my harness. Clears the slightly oversized rear wheel.

I hated having to pay so much for lights that break every time I look at them. I am thinking of having those holes filled in and maybe painting her.

2008 S40
Castrol 4T Oil with ZDDP, K&N filter, Dyna Muffler.
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Re: New signals in the rear...
Reply #1 - 07/11/16 at 07:53:45

Looks nice!  But...Dave's gonna lecture you if they're not DOT approved lights  Shocked

He just wants us all to be safe and not get run down due to a lack of visibility. Cool

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 07/11/16 at 08:05:03

Those sure do look a lot like the Turns Signals I first put on my Cafe' bike.  They have a small diameter bulb, and no reflector.  They were visible at night - but not in the daytime in direct sunlight.

So many of the "affordable" turn signal options just aren't safe to use, as they don't put out enough light.

If you want to be sure they can be seen - put the bike out in the sunlight, turn the flasher on, and then get back 200 feet or more where a car/truck would need to see your flashers to have time to react.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
webbrob
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

San Diego, CA
Reply #3 - 07/11/16 at 11:16:02

Yeah, I need to look at that. I don't know why a bike shop would sell non dot approved signals, as the only use for signals are on bikes that need signals ( i.e. Street use bikes. )

I don't doubt it though. What bothers me, is the Suziki "dot" approved lights can suck a golf ball through a garden hose.

2008 S40
Castrol 4T Oil with ZDDP, K&N filter, Dyna Muffler.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 06:28:08

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New signals in the rear...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.