Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
bad vibration at high rpms (Read 34 times)
mastercarstech
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

bad vibration at high rpms
07/08/16 at 21:00:30

So I've been riding the bike for about a month now in between fixing things break and I've noticed it's got a pretty bad vibration I can feel in the handle bars at high rpm. Not sure exactly what rpm as I don't have a tach yet but it's about when I shift and in fourth gear (it's a 4 speed) at about 60 + mph. Bad enough it makes my hands numb even though I'm wearing padded gloves. I can feel it when I Rev the engine in neutral also so I'm pretty sure it's originating from the engine. This is the first Savage I've ridden so I don't have anything to compare it to but I'm pretty sure it's not normal.
The engine seems to run ok and no unusual sounds or knocking from the engine that I've noticed. I did install generic risers and a flat handlebar and had to enlarge the holes in the bushings at the base of the risers because they used a larger bolt but don't think that should make a difference as I still reinstall the bushings.
The bike does have about 26k miles on it and wondering if it's just about time for rebuild on the engine?
Also considering installing some bar end weights to help dampen the vibration. Has anybody used them? Thought? Advice? Thanks.  Undecided

IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Re: bad vibration at high rpms
Reply #1 - 07/08/16 at 21:26:25

Master,

The newer S40 drag bars have weights built into them.

I would check the engine mounts, especially the through bolts that hold the front pegs on and the top motor mount that is under the fuel tank.

Kenny G

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 08:28:50

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › bad vibration at high rpms

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.