Versy Adjuster (Read 187 times)
Air Wolf
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Myrtle Beach, SC
Re: Versy Adjuster
Reply #15 - 07/10/16 at 08:41:15

Fellows, sorry it took so long to get back but the weather has been so hot, 96-99 with heat index's above 109, that this morning is the first ride we have been able to do.  I checked the front pulley and it will not move.  The noise for the most part is gone, just a little when backing off the throttle ( decelerating with the clutch engaged), engaging the clutch does not make the noise anymore nor can I hear it with the engine running at any speed.  The only thing I done was change the oil and filter, Honda Gen4  10W-40 and replaced the filter.  Noise went away in about 10 miles after that.  I drained two quarts and that is what it took to refill it.  Book said 2.6qt but that would have really over filled it.  I will check it often to make sure the level is at the top mark. Oil was drained with the bike warmed up, vertical and rocked side to side to get as much out as I could.  Anyway I have no idea why the noise stopped or what it is.  May just be belt noise as one of the posts suggested.  I also changed the petcock to the Yamaha one just because I like to work on bikes.  For some reason the idle was slower after changing the valve and fuel line, fuel line was cracked at the tank connection a little.  Adjusted the idle speed and tweaked the carb adjustment a little and it is running very good now, knock on wood.  Thanks for the help fellows!!!

2009 Suzuki S-40 5660miles
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Re: Versy Adjuster
Reply #16 - 07/10/16 at 09:07:25

KRIS, I live in the mts and on curves I do a lot of down shifting (compression braking ) the nut holding the pulley being right hand threads can tend to loosen,and the pulley might move out and the outer flange scrape on the webs of the guard .(don't ask how I know )this is something we should all be keeping an eye on !

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 20:18:47

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Versy Adjuster

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.