Versy Adjuster (Read 187 times)
Air Wolf
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Myrtle Beach, SC
Versy Adjuster
06/29/16 at 09:48:41

I am getting ready to replace the throw out bearing in my clutch and would like to replace the cam chain adjuster while the side cover is off.  I can not find a link to get the Versy Adjuster. Can someone point me in the right direction.

2009 Suzuki S-40 5660miles
  IP Logged
RaleighGuy

It's as easy as

Raleigh, NC
Re: Versy Adjuster
Reply #1 - 06/29/16 at 10:10:12

2012 S40 Boulevard (White and Silver) - small changes so far like windshield, sissy bar, saddlebags... but mostly stock.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 06/29/16 at 14:31:36

I didn't know we had a throw out bearing..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 06/29/16 at 14:35:26

we got a throw out rod and something spins in there.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 06/29/16 at 16:36:36

Yeah, we do, but what is Down in Yonnah?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Air Wolf
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Myrtle Beach, SC
Reply #5 - 06/30/16 at 06:40:03

Thanks for the link to the Veray Adjuster.  I have a noise, high pitched, that happens when the clutch is disengaged and also on deceleration.  I took it to the stealer and they "think" it is the throw out bearing but it will cost me $90 to confirm the diagnosis and then the cost of parts, mark up and their $90/hr labor rate, taxes plus additional Myrtle Beach tourist tax.  I am not a tourist but locals get to enjoy the tax also.   I hear the sound bite on the cam chain noise and this noise does not sound like that.  Actually sounds like a bearing going bad.  I did change the oil a few days ago, Honda GN4  10W40, and the noise almost has gone away. (?) The bearing looks easy to get to and costs $12 so I think I will do it myself.  I have done clutch jobs on some of my past bikes but this is the first on I have ever seen a throw out bearing on.  If anyone has another idea please let me know and thanks again for the link!

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #6 - 06/30/16 at 07:09:03

The Savage can make a whining noise in the gear train......especially during the deceleration as you describe. Mine makes that noise....and it has been doing it for the last 8,000 miles and I believe it is just the way the bike is.  

It most likely has nothing to do with the clutch throw out bearing.....I am not sure anybody has ever reported one failing on the Savage.

If the sound doesn't change as you cycle the clutch lever in/out while the bike is standing still (engine running).....that would indicate there is nothing wrong with the clutch bearing.  Get on a steep downhill, and see if the whining is louder on a hill than it is on level ground....that would tell you that it is just normal gear noise....and the level is related to how much force is applied to the drive train.  My bike whines the loudest in the lower gears while decelerating on a downhill to a STOP sign.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 06/30/16 at 07:37:07

They are noisy. Straight cut gears, a belt, and nobody has ever had a failure of the throw out bearing. I don't even know if one is in there. The throwout that pushes the rod has no bearing on the outboard end, so why would we need one inboard ?

Maybe they put one in there,  but it's never been a problem.

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #8 - 06/30/16 at 10:11:06

I'd make sure your front pulley is not lose and moving out against the guard on decal. ,if you see marks on the inside webs of the guard you'll need to torque the pulley to 94ft/lbs  asap !

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Air Wolf
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Myrtle Beach, SC
Reply #9 - 06/30/16 at 14:40:17

Thanks for the replies fellows. I will check all these out tomorrow and let you know how it goes.  I did the carb modifications to help the mid range and backfiring last week and it worked great.  Still get a little backfire sometimes decelerating but that's not a problem.  The bike runs great now, smooth and strong.  Gas mileage is 50mpg now but the bike runs so much better its worth the little extra gas cost. My wife just got her license after taking the motorcycle safety course.  We looked at several bikes for her and this one just fit her size like it was made for her.  She loves it and loves to ride. Thanks again for the help fellows!!!

IP Logged
KennyDK
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 07/10/16 at 03:53:36

batman wrote on 06/30/16 at 10:11:06:
I'd make sure your front pulley is not lose and moving out against the guard on decal. ,if you see marks on the inside webs of the guard you'll need to torque the pulley to 94ft/lbs  asap !

I have the same noise, and I can wrickle the front pulley, is there a beering inside I can replace ?

regards Kenny from Denmark

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 07/10/16 at 04:16:05

If you don't stop the wrickle you're gonna be walking.

IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #12 - 07/10/16 at 07:23:08

I always thought the decel noise was just the belt.  Huh

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 07/10/16 at 08:12:17

That pulley will ruin the shaft..

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #14 - 07/10/16 at 08:18:16

Kenny DK, Your best bet is to buy a new pulley ,you have teeth worn away on the pulley and the main shaft. use a product called Bearing mount(used to hold bearings in place by auto engine rebuilders)then tighten to at least 94 ft/lbs If the the teeth on the main shaft are too worn,your in big trouble as it would require a complete rebuild . when you are done paint a strip across the pulley and nut ,then you can check after to make sure it"s not loosening again.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 16:19:58

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Versy Adjuster

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.