Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New bike, grease blobs in filter (Read 27 times)
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
New bike, grease blobs in filter
06/23/16 at 00:06:02

Just picked up a 9 month old s40 with 860kms on the clock, looks in showroom condition. I just gave it it's first oil change today after riding it home and I was surprised to find a big blob of grease on the oil filter and some grease blobs elsewhere in the filter, prolly nothing but I thought I'd check anyway.

Also I am puzzled as to why the bolt that holds the exhaust on in the middle is completely rusted, yet every other bolt on the bike is brand new, even the two bolts near the rusted one have no rust. How can this be, do they make this bolt out of iron or something, should I replace it will stainless steel?

Do you think I'll need to check the valve clearances seeing as it's probably never been done?

I will post some photos below in another post, I can't post them in this post because the forum won't let me put pictures in my first post. :'(

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Re: New bike, grease blobs in filter
Reply #1 - 06/23/16 at 00:08:59

Here's some shots.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: New bike, grease blobs in filter
Reply #2 - 06/23/16 at 03:30:12

Nice color, man..

First oil change, assembly grease might have migrated to the filter.

The Lone (rusty) Nut attack,, well, darn if I know.. but I would start working to get it under control.

It's easy enough to Check the valve s. Adjusting them the first coupla times is a bit of a learning curve, after that, it's easy enough, but always a hassle.
Good news Is
get about 20,000 miles on it and the adjuster tips have flattened out and work hardened and the adjustment is lasting longer than 5,000 miles.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 12:21:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New bike, grease blobs in filter

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.