Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Odd (dangerous?) sensation hitting bumps at speed (Read 172 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Odd (dangerous?) sensation hitting bumps at sp
Reply #15 - 06/15/16 at 13:27:25

You can find good factory Suzuki 800 Intruder shocks on eBay for $40 - $ 80 bucks that are really nice - but you have to sort through a lot of crappy ones to find the good ones.

It does take some time to find a nice set.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #16 - 06/15/16 at 18:10:35

Which direction to turn the lower adjuster on the rear shocks to stiffen them up? It's hard to see in there where the detents are and also feels like the probably turn different directions. Just can't remember from the one other time I adjusted them.

Looking up the lower shock perch from underneath, it looks like the longest/tallest detent provides the stiffest ride.  Is that right?

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #17 - 06/15/16 at 20:45:55

Here ya go:

Untitled_011.jpg

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #18 - 06/16/16 at 11:10:33

Thanks.  I got 'em adjusted yesterday afternoon and discovered you can accidentally go from 5 to 1 by turning too far, but you can't turn it back. You can see in the pic you provided that it's possible to go from 5 to 1, but not from 1 to 5.  Then, you have to remove the shock, rotate the bottom collar so the adjuster port is back around, remount the shock and continue on.  Just a little FYI tidbit for anyone else.
I need to put on some more miles but this may have resolved the sensation I was feeling; tire must have been hitting on those bumps with the bigger rear tire and softer setting.
Still gonna go for longer shocks if I can find a decent pair for a decent price.  Nothing yet.

Thanks everyone!

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #19 - 06/16/16 at 11:46:00

It took me a while before I found the ones I got....    
Don't forget that with the new front pulley, the speedometer is off, as is the odometer .  

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 19:33:27

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Odd (dangerous?) sensation hitting bumps at speed

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.