Will they join forces? (Read 28 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Will they join forces?
06/13/16 at 13:47:13

Just read a story on realclearpolitics about how the Muslims in Norway have been killing gay people.
How the gay folk have fled, etc ( loose retelling of article ) .
That over 50% of the Muslims believe it to be wrong and punishable.
Which prompted me to wonder if the extreme Christians might join force with this faith and use it to diminish the gains the community here in the states have won for themselves?

I know it's a "leap of faith" but still, zealots and bedfellows, one could wonder

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Will they join forces?
Reply #1 - 06/13/16 at 14:40:54

Is this an attempt at humor?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 06/13/16 at 15:06:34

No.....
I don't know how to link stories on my iPhone, but if you look at realclearpolitucs morning addition, you will find the story to which I refer.
I was taken aback by the article and it's telling of Muslims in Norway
I know many Christians who think it's their job to judge and dole out social/societal scorn and impose stigma that they somehow seem to not judge their own sin in the same vein.
I don't any that would kill, I hope, but I wonder how many might think it serves them right.....
It's a stretch, but I recall the verbal taunting of gays during the height of the AIDS epidemic....
It was ugly, and I had family that succumb to the disease.
I saw the hate and coldness of heart.

This is not an accusation, but just a posing of a thought I had.
Feel free to ignore it if you don't deem it a viable question.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 06/13/16 at 15:41:20

Just As people criticize the state of the economy and Blame capitalism, but they have no grasp of what true capitalism Is, because they have only ever Seen crony capitalism, people who say they are Christians but still want to see people suffer for their sins have not come to understand This is not old testament days. We live under a different covenant. We aren't to judge save for certain crimes. It's in the Bible. Murder is a death sentence.
The point is, just as I have said over and over, the self proclaimed Christian is a very dangerous thing. They can Justify doing many bad things and go away,just as convinced that they
Did it for God as the radical Muslim can murder and call it good.

Equally misguided, but the Christian who kills in the name of God is in no way a Christian.

Killing someone means God doesn't get to work on their heart.

That said, break into my house and see how it goes.. I Will consider it a threat to my life and respond accordingly.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 16:50:27

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Will they join forces?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.