Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Tire wear question..... (Read 181 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Tire wear question.....
Reply #15 - 06/25/16 at 06:40:50

I would so buy you a beer,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #16 - 06/25/16 at 06:51:37

Kenny G wrote on 06/24/16 at 21:47:43:
Dawg,

It has been my experience with riding during our senior years is that it improves one's balance.

When we first moved to Texas, almost 10 years ago, I thought I was finished riding for the rest my life and especially because of the wind and the heat. After two bad falls, my physician suggested that I ride a bicycle to improve my balance. I went around the block once and parked the bike.

I drove into Argyle and bought a Yamaha V-star and that was how I improved my balance. I haven't had a fall since.

The best ridin' in your life starts after you retire.

Kenny G

Kenny.... you is tugging at my heart strings bro  Grin

I do believe what you say.
I turn tricks around younger guys at work, and they know it.
They are already whining about me retiring and not being able to meet our rate when I'm gone, uh, how bout stepping it up young'ns and pulling your weight, WHICH, since I've shed a lot, has improved my life/riding immensely, and I can see how actively riding is part of that success.
I see guys my age already rotting away.....
To be fair, I don't know if they have physical limitations that are contributing to their state...

The summers here are a blessing for sure. People work all year just to be able to spend it here on vacation....
This will be a hard time to NOT ride, in our long sunlit summer days.

Thank you!

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: Third time's the charm
Reply #17 - 06/25/16 at 07:02:11

Paladin. wrote on 06/25/16 at 06:04:03:
raydawg wrote on 06/24/16 at 19:51:25:
... Not sure I want to chance a slip and fall in my 60's  Embarrassed
Depends on your health and how "old" you are.  My family has heart disease.  Pappy died age 43.  I had an attack at age 50.  At age 63 I got a triple bypass and a stroke that left me with aphasia and an ejection factor of 20-25%.  Retired at 65.  At 66 I killed the Savage and got the Vespa so I didn't need to swing a leg over a saddle.  About 3 months ago, at 69, I dropped the scoot.  A bit of road rash, no big deal.  A month ago I did it again, less road rash but fell on the right shoulder tearing ligaments and breaking four ribs.  I figured I should stop riding before I got really hurt.  Not to mention that I wasn't enjoying wearing the darn helmet.

Your mileage will vary.  

Dude I'm amazed you can even type out a response  Wink

You've been through the grinder for sure mate.....
Tho your body seems to have abandoned you, your mind appears to have taken up the slack.
I appreciate what you shared and see the wisdom it holds.
I am not one who welcomes pain as a badge of machismo, nor do I enjoy the euphoria of the pain killers  Cool
But I do get off on the feel of freedom, as I cruise down these island roads untethered , almost like flying.....
Its a rush like no other I known.
However, I will need to put others first, and listen to those who have a vested need in me being their for them.....
Not an easy task for a guy who has been pretty selfish all his life  Sad

Sorry for your life hurdles, but I am glad you share your experience at overcoming them with others, that is what makes life work

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #18 - 06/25/16 at 07:05:09

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/25/16 at 06:40:50:

Last time I drank I ended up nekked.....

You still game?  Kiss

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #19 - 06/25/16 at 10:17:41

I'll wear shades..

Very, very Dark, shades..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #20 - 06/25/16 at 10:21:26

raydawg wrote on 06/25/16 at 07:05:09:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/25/16 at 06:40:50:

Last time I drank I ended up nekked.....

You still game?  Kiss

Yikes!  I aint getting in that game. Huh

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Re: Third time's the charm
Reply #21 - 06/26/16 at 01:35:40

raydawg wrote on 06/25/16 at 07:02:11:
... Sorry for your life hurdles, but I am glad you share your experience at overcoming them with others, that is what makes life work

Simple Definition of Mentor : someone who teaches or gives help and advice to a less experienced and often younger person.

Near 30 years ago Roy N. was one of my mentors.  Taught me to "Make it mo' better."  "Good enough" isn't.  He retired about 20 years ago.  4 years ago he made it to my Retirement Breakfast.  He is still my Mentor.  He told me "We ALL have problems -- deal with it."

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #22 - 06/26/16 at 02:45:34

Dave, I can find a blindfold for you. And nobody says anyone hasta get nekked. I might even wear gloves,, I don't know how much beer was involved or just how frisky that guy gets..

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #23 - 06/26/16 at 08:11:17

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/26/16 at 02:45:34:
Dave, I can find a blindfold for you. And nobody says anyone hasta get nekked. I might even wear gloves,, I don't know how much beer was involved or just how frisky that guy gets..

Dave, Jog likes hitting his head, nuff said  Cool

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 14:24:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Tire wear question.....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.