Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
It happened in Longview (Read 131 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
It happened in Longview
06/10/16 at 07:11:33

http://m.kltv.com/kltv/db/330566/content/9OIfxKfF

Doorbell.
Kids answer the door.
I'm here to mow your lawn.
Huh? We don't know anything about it, we will get our dad.
Dad gets to the door , is shot , later, dies in hospital.

I knew this guy. As a customer, and he wasn't Mr Warmanfuzzy, but, if you took some time to get to know him, after he'd seen your face a few times, he was okay. The news articles paint a picture much different than what I saw, and I have heard that he seriously disliked minorities. Maybe that explains the very few I saw there. His Grandfather established it 75 years ago.
Syrian/Lebanese, something like that. I like talking to people, especially business men, and it was not easy to get this guy out of his newspaper. Once I had him talking he saw that I understood business and wasn't an idiot, after that he was slightly more outgoing.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Re: It happened in Longview
Reply #1 - 06/10/16 at 08:19:43

JOG it' to bad we can't all get along.We're all Mutts!(Bill Murry) we should learn to enjoy the different back grounds and personalities of the people of America,it is what made this country great.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 06/10/16 at 09:01:51

Looks like someone made him an offer he shouldn't of refused.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 06/10/16 at 10:11:17

verslagen1 wrote on 06/10/16 at 09:01:51:
Looks like someone made him an offer he shouldn't of refused.

Since the Person of Interest is not a minority, and since the man owned a thriving business, I suspect that you are , uhhh, dead on. Until I saw who they wanted to talk to I wondered if it wasn't a gang related thing. Like an initation. Probably not even a local guy, probably doesn't usually wear that kind of hat.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #4 - 06/10/16 at 18:02:16

No telling in this day and age and unless you really knew this fella one wouldn't know what he might have been into.  That takes some sand to go to his house though.  Lots of bat $hit crazy people out there.  

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 06/10/16 at 21:03:19

His house, and I wanna say early in the afternoon, and they have a pretty tall security fence, though the gate musta been open. It was memorial day weekend and family were over,,

Can you imagine being a kid, going to get Dad, and dad gets SHOT? Ohh, those poor kids.

IP Logged
Sonny

DeSoto, TX

Reply #6 - 06/10/16 at 22:56:10

That's a terrible deal, Justin. It def. looks like a hit. I hope they figure out what the story was.

We had a well regarded lawyer killed in Dallas a couple weeks ago, apparently in his garage in the middle of the day and then the place soaked in gas and set on fire.

He was plaintiff's attorney in a lawsuit against some really dangerous individuals. The judge went under federal protection after the murder, I think still is.

Let's be careful out there.

'87 LS650, purt near stock, Raptor, seat mod. '07 S40, Raptor.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 06/10/16 at 23:08:34

What's the name? What's the lawsuit about?

I just can't imagine how horrible a child would feel, going to get Dad, and, unknowingly, send him into harms way. Those children will be destroyed by guilt.. And not just having lost Daddy, , but Delivered him to the killer.. those poor kids.. I hope they catch that piece of nuts and give the kids some time alone with him, cuffed to something, and just let them beat his sorry ass bloody from end to end..

IP Logged
Sonny

DeSoto, TX

Reply #8 - 06/10/16 at 23:25:18

The lawyer was Ira Tobolowski, part of an old family of Dallas lawyers. I don't know about the lawsuit. I think he did real estate and corporate litigation which, you know, there are thousands of kinds of disputes and fraud issues that can turn vicious if you are messing with the wrong people on the other side of the deal.

According to Dallas Morning News, the police and courts were aware of let's say trouble brewing before the murder and were already using extra bailiffs and so forth.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 06/11/16 at 05:54:39

IP Logged
Sonny

DeSoto, TX

Reply #10 - 06/11/16 at 07:59:35

You get these trusts created in wills when someone does not trust his/her heirs not to degenerate into that kind of thing. But that doesn't always prevent trouble if the players are nasty enough.

Really sad. Tobolowski was a family man with a good legal reputation. And like the Longview deal, killed at home to make it as pesronal as possible.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 06/11/16 at 20:59:24

Seriously, turn over a multi million dollar estate to a housewife, who knows fukkall about anything, BUT does know how to play favorites... STUPID DENTIST.
But, hey, I should not be surprised,  America elected a community organizer, twice, or, so they say.

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #12 - 06/12/16 at 07:58:02

A trust should never be administrated by anyone who has an interest in it

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 06/12/16 at 09:32:52

A perfectly boiled down statement, Art. It might could have been a little more emphatic,, maybe a big

Duuuuh...

It's just so obvious.. but, he did it..

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 06/12/16 at 15:59:56

Update, nothing but gossip,, but, lifelong Longview resident talking about it said that he would threaten employees, waving a gun around, intimidating them, telling them they better not be stealing or talking bad, yadda,, etcetera and so on and so forth..

Okay, asked the wife Why she would believe it. The source's parents and grandparents have been in business since about when the Horaneys started up. The stories come through the family, having been in the business community.. So, I wouldn't bet the farm, but I would not just shrug it off.

Long list of potential enemies... Possibly just a really good friend of someone he did wrong.

I did notice that the employees were rarely the same, one visit to the next.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 02:39:05

General CategoryThe Cafe › It happened in Longview

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.