Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
It happened in Longview (Read 131 times)
Sonny

DeSoto, TX

Re: It happened in Longview
Reply #15 - 06/12/16 at 16:31:34

Just to get philosophical here, but most people go through life without making enemies by their nature. Other kinds of people  may generate a lot of people who don't like them, for good reason, but it never rises to the hatred of wanting to kill the person.

Others stack up lists of people who would like to kill them, and they interact with people perfectly willing and able to do it. Mobsters, hard core criminals, cops, judges and lawyers come to mind, and abusive spouses and employers.
Even in normal public business transactions you can't control what kind of individual you will come in contact with.

But it seems like a Basic Commonsense Rule Of Life should be: 1, Do not make anyone want to kill you, and, 2, Especially avoid making the kind of person who is willing and able to kill you want to kill you.

No one can avoid random, to-whom-it-may-concern violence, but there's a lot you can do to avoid the rest, and to defuse it before it becomes deadly.

When the back stories come out on there things, well, it's always a deal, and one of the parties (or both) is ready and willing to commit murder, and then they did.

'87 LS650, purt near stock, Raptor, seat mod. '07 S40, Raptor.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 06/12/16 at 17:46:59

, Do not make anyone want to kill you, and, 2, Especially avoid making the kind of person who is willing and able to kill you want to kill you.

Stuff Everyone Knows at a gut level, but Seeing it in black and white, concepts, gelled into complete thoughts,, cool.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Sonny

DeSoto, TX

Reply #17 - 06/12/16 at 18:39:08

It's just which set of rules you live by I guess. For an infantryman or  for a cop, you have to go in eyes open, you are liable to kill, you are liable to be killed. That's the rules on the employment contract.

And then there's the sort of civilian who goes out and doesn't make any effort to avoid having mortal enemies, and adopts the same rules.

It's most of what creates the gulf between people who live and work that way and people who don't. It's a bridge to cross in how one looks at the world.

There are shades of gray in the rules, too. I'm a peaceful fellow who won't escalate or participate in a threatening confrontation, a road rage incident, whatever. But if you break in on me at 3am I will kill you if my defensive situation dictates.

But see, if that happens it's nothing I did... I am just unlucky and thanks entirely to the person who broke into my house I am in the wrong place at the wrong time and have to deal with it.

It's all choices.

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #18 - 06/13/16 at 18:18:24

My father told me try to make half the people you meet your friends,the other half I don't invite to supper, but I still wave, say hello,and "talk about the weather" I don't really talk to them ,but I'm fairly sure they don't hate me enough to kill me. It doesn't cost anything to be nice!

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #19 - 06/13/16 at 18:23:05

batman wrote on 06/13/16 at 18:18:24:
It doesn't cost anything to be nice!

Words to live by!  Wink

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Sonny

DeSoto, TX

Reply #20 - 06/13/16 at 19:49:21

In fact it actually pays, in peace of mind and lack of disharmony in your life, lack of fear, on and on.

It ain't perfect... somebody can still cross the street to f**k with you where you have to respond. But as a day in day out practice, being a hale fellow well met is smart in all kinds of ways. For the most part you reap what you sow.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 02:38:01

General CategoryThe Cafe › It happened in Longview

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.