YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Helmet Recommendations
Reply #15 - 06/08/16 at 09:25:12

I just bought a scorpion exo-1100, full face, drop down sun visor, lotsa vents, pump to fit.

I wear a XXL and this helmet is significantly tighter than the Z1R that I have even with the cheek pads completely deflated.  But after a month it's starting to feel ok.

It's also pretty noisey, haven't tried it with all the vents closed, I got it for the vents...

I also have a scorpion half helmet, chin strap cuts into my neck.
can't use the visor as it lifts the helmet.

WWW   IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #16 - 06/08/16 at 11:27:06

Slow,

Thanks for all of the details on your new helmet.

I am going to take a look at a Scorpion.

Kenny G

IP Logged
SugarBoogers

I love cheese!

Haverhill MA
Reply #17 - 06/08/16 at 11:28:22

Mine is an HCI ebay polycarbonate $28 full face. I scuff sanded it and primed and painted it rattlecan white. Supposedly white is the safest color. My third ebay helmet, they all run small so I finally got one size up and it was still tight. Sold the other ones on CL. I crushed some of the inner beer cooler foam with a baseball to fix the tight spots. Fits great and I don't mind it at all and jsut did 4-5 hours on the hot day in New England with it. Already deflected a pebble to the face with it. I wear glasses and sunglasses and it works great. I also have a 1/2 cheapo and 3/4 Arai, but like the FF better. You do have to get used to turning your head way around to be able to see. No wind noise problem at all, but I stay under 50 usually.

How do you remove a club soda stain?
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #18 - 06/08/16 at 13:36:46

verslagen1 wrote on 06/08/16 at 09:25:12:
I just bought a scorpion exo-1100, full face, drop down sun visor, lotsa vents, pump to fit.

I wear a XXL and this helmet is significantly tighter........

I forgot to mention that.  I usually wear a large, and I had to get a XXL in the Scorpion before it fit correctly.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
GBG

'06 S40. Stock plus
saddlebags.

Cincinnati, OH
Reply #19 - 06/08/16 at 14:43:53

I started with the HJC CS-R2. DOT approved, and didn't break the bank for a starter. I still wear it on colder mornings, but also picked up a Biltwell Gringo to have full face without a visor for the nicer weather when just flipping up the visor killed me with whistling.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #20 - 06/08/16 at 15:08:04

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Jeff71

I'm a bike noob!!!!!

South of Chicago, the suburbs
Reply #21 - 06/09/16 at 17:57:43

I have a Bell revolver EVO modular. It's easy to put on with my glasses, fits me well and hi-vis. A little loud but I like to hear everything around me.
Jeff

Yeah, like I have any clue what is going on....
http://myrycabuild.weebly.com
  IP Logged
Savageman

Knowledge is half
the battle

Marysville, California
Re:Brain Buckets
Reply #22 - 06/09/16 at 22:07:00

You need 2 helmets. 1 for Winter and 1 for Summer. A good DOT full face for Winter and a Good 1/2 or 3/4 bucket for Summer. Not all brain buckets are molded the same so you need to go to a good accessory shop and try them on then see if Amazon or google shopping has a better price. At least DOT approved.

I use Bell brand for both. They fit well and aren't priced to drain your bank account for a year.  Cool

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Re: Re:Brain Buckets
Reply #23 - 06/10/16 at 02:09:37

Savageman wrote on 06/09/16 at 22:07:00:
You need 2 helmets. 1 for Winter and 1 for Summer. A good DOT full face for Winter and a Good 1/2 or 3/4 bucket for Summer. Not all brain buckets are molded the same so you need to go to a good accessory shop and try them on then see if Amazon or google shopping has a better price. At least DOT approved.

I use Bell brand for both. They fit well and aren't priced to drain your bank account for a year.  Cool

Sounds Great! Walk in, shop, pick out what you need, go get it online..

Really?

And screw the local economy... that's not the whole story, but it's four o'clock,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Savageman

Knowledge is half
the battle

Marysville, California
Reply #24 - 06/10/16 at 08:54:10

RETAIL prices make me nauseous. Technology man the future is here.

Brick and mortar stores are a thing of the past. Store owner probably doesn't agree. But so many shops will price match now due to online technology and if they don't then hasta la vista! Grin

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #25 - 06/10/16 at 11:18:30

Without the Brick and Mortar, where will you test it out?
If you go in, talk to any employee, use his inventory to do the shopping and don't buy, you should at least toss the guy a few bucks. Even if you don't speak to anyone. If you talk to a $10.00 /hour employee, someone who wants to sell a helmet,  for 15 minutes you just took away$2.50 plus any benefits And sidetracked the employee from accomplishing whatever he might have.

IP Logged
Savageman

Knowledge is half
the battle

Marysville, California
Reply #26 - 06/10/16 at 14:54:36

I don't believe in Money for nothing. Anyway technology is replacing humans like it or not.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 12:22:56

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Helmet Recommendations

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.