Send Topic Print
After further review : (Read 74 times)
Doug B

I am, therefore I
think

Kennewick, WA
After further review :
06/06/16 at 13:55:38

the play stands ?  NFL referee talk. My further reviewing took place this morning. I grew tired of paying $11.50/quart for Amsoil's top fully-synthetic oil. Thus, I did some reading online and came to the conclusion that I have been spending too much. Yes JOG, and the rest of you - I got it now. This time it was for my car. I paid $22.88 for a 5-quart jug of full synthetic Mobile 1(0w-20) at Walmart. Hell, 2 quarts of Amsoil costs more than that. I' ll be looking at the Rotella(that seems so highly-touted around here) full synthetic for my bike soon.    Embarrassed Embarrassed

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: After further review :
Reply #1 - 06/06/16 at 15:21:35

Conversion to reality Does take some time..
GOOD on Ya'!

Rotella t 15-40 , saves money and works great.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #2 - 06/06/16 at 18:19:38

FYI, WalMart typically has sales on Rotella that will save you a few bucks over an auto parts store. I think I usually buy the gallon jug around $11.99 or so.

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Doug B

I am, therefore I
think

Kennewick, WA
Reply #3 - 06/06/16 at 23:17:27

It is good on me JOG - and good on my wallet. Habits can be hard to break. Kris01 - I didn't even think to look at the Rotella line up at Wally World. I saw the Mobile 1 in a sale flyer, and gravitated right to it. As most of you know Walmart has a rather large oil section.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 06/06/16 at 23:23:56

mobil1 for the cars is fine, but it's got the clutch killing stuff we can't use in the bikes.

so Rot for the savage.

WWW   IP Logged
Doug B

I am, therefore I
think

Kennewick, WA
Reply #5 - 06/06/16 at 23:59:30

verslagen1 - got it. Since many on this site use it(Rotella) - it must provide adequate protection for our valvetrain. I remember when I went to Suzuki to get oil & filter for my first oil change(brand new bike). The two guys behind the parts counter sold me standard oil(not enough ZDDP). If I hadn't found this forum where would I be ?  Do any of you have the knowledge of how long(approximately) it would take before damage occurs. Also, when would it become apparent that something is wrong ?

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #6 - 06/07/16 at 04:40:08

Doug B wrote on 06/06/16 at 23:59:30:
Do any of you have the knowledge of how long(approximately) it would take before damage occurs. Also, when would it become apparent that something is wrong ?

I bought this bike with only 3,800 miles on it......the previous owner told me he used the oil the dealer sold him.  The exhaust rocker and camshaft lobe were toast.  I believe the owner would let the bike warm up while sitting on the side stand, which leans the bike over to the left and this seems to starve the "uphill" side of the cam for oil at the slow idle speed.  The symptoms would be noisy valves, and the need to adjust the valve clearance frequently.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 00:35:38

General CategoryThe Cafe › After further review :

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.