Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Re: jeeezzz guys I'm sore
Reply #15 - 06/10/16 at 08:11:48

Truck pumps aren't too bad. Pull 6-8 bolts, jack up the bed. Faster than dropping a tank.

Fixing a distributor issue with a Chevy-small block Mopar- Y block Ford on the other hand... Time to swap in a 390 or 300 straight 6 and be done with it. Rear mount distributors should have resulted in execution of the designers, immediately, with the design never put into production. And whoever decided a crank position sensor and trigger ring was a better idea than a distributor should have been hung by the ankles until his bones disintegrated in the sun. I'm scrapping an otherwise flawless 4 cylinder Ranger because I'm sick of changing 1-4 $155 parts every other month. Cheap Chinese replacement parts, even from Ford dealership.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 06/10/16 at 11:36:22

Truck pumps aren't too bad. Pull 6-8 bolts, jack up the bed. Faster than dropping a tank

OhhhSHAZZAM!!!! You may have just saved me a lot of time and effort. My old pickup hasn't been running for over a year, maybe two. I need to inspect the tanks, flush lines, and pulling the bed would probably be a good start..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #17 - 06/10/16 at 17:59:26

JOG,
 If you are working with the fuel lines get the stupid little fuel line disconnect tool. It was a big help with my '03 Tahoe. Wish pulling the bed was an option on my ride.
 I'm with you WD, miss the inline six cylinders, could swap one of them out in about 8 hours and a 12 pack. Wink

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #18 - 06/10/16 at 18:56:01

Had a fuel pump go out in my bronco... someone said I had to drop the rock guard, then disconnect the fill tube, drop the tank ect..... I said nope.... I just cut a square above the guage/pump unit and pulled it out.
Then I riveted four strips of metal under the bed and placed the square piece on top and screwed in back on.

021a.jpg

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #19 - 06/10/16 at 19:04:03

Those Ford 300 I-6s were indestructable!

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Sonny

DeSoto, TX

Reply #20 - 06/10/16 at 23:15:35

I think my '05 Sentra has a little hatch in the floor under the back seat to get to the fuel pump. I haven't had to go in there yet, 93K mi. and the car is in practically new condition. Fixing to do my first brake pads and shoes and flush the power steering fluid, just to be conservative. I bought it in '06, part of a rent car fleet sale with 4k miles. It has been a fantastic car.

'87 LS650, purt near stock, Raptor, seat mod. '07 S40, Raptor.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #21 - 06/11/16 at 06:38:20

I know a heavy equipment mechanic. He had a problem on a machine.. instead of splitting the thing in half, he put a hole in the cast iron, fixed it,
He knew exactly where the problem was,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 02:37:13

General CategoryThe Cafe › jeeezzz guys I'm sore

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.