Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The Right Dr. Will Keep You Ridin' (Read 88 times)
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Re: The Right Dr. Will Keep You Ridin'
Reply #15 - 06/01/16 at 18:49:10

Kenny G wrote on 05/31/16 at 21:24:02:
I notice some one has posted that all they need is a sunny day and a full tank of gas.

I wonder who that might be!  Grin

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #16 - 06/01/16 at 20:16:23

Kris,

It sounds like a guy wise beyond his years.

Embarrassed

Kenny G

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #17 - 06/01/16 at 21:03:31

Ken... what position is your leg the most comfortable in?

Reason I'm asking is because I bought a little 250 ninja for the wife that had a lowering kit.
She is 5'1"....
The position leg position on the ninja's (250 and 300) is the foot is directly below the seated body... I actually find it more comfortable than the savage.
On the savage I have a lot of spinal pressure from sitting leaning back and my legs below and a little forward of me... so I bought the 4" control set here.
It still does not help as I am leaning back even more and putting more pressure on my spine and the top backside of my thighs..... and have to put pressure on my feet to give my tushy a rest.
On the ninja, I am sitting directly above my feet with my knees bent forward, my feet below my butt and I can lean a little toward the tank with minimal pressure on my wrists. (I have a 1" raised bar to bring them higher)
Even with the stock seat (which is quite solid) I can ride for at least 2 hours before I have to stop to relieve the pressure on my spine and legs.
I have learned if I put pressure against the tank with my knees and use my stomach muscles, I can actually relieve a little of the forearm and wrist issues. (it is a practiced art)
I guess what i'm getting at is that you don't have to be in a "reclined" position to get comfortable while riding.
I find just the opposite, and that sitting upright helps me to ease the stress on my body better. Just need to find the "perfect" seat Smiley
This is me on the dragon three years ago.... I have a 2" lowering kit on it, my inseam is 30" and I can flat foot with knees bent.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #18 - 06/01/16 at 22:01:28

Od Rider,

Once my legs are healed from the surgery I will be fine on the S40. My legs hurt so much now I don't think I could ride if I wanted too. Since it rains everyday in Texas I am not ridin' at this time anyway.

After riding the same Norton for 30 years I like the pegs right underneath me. The Sportsters that I rode over the years always had the mid controls too. I guess it is all a matter of preference, but I am sure that I would be incapable of ridin' a bike with ape hangars and 6" forward controls. I don't know how I would lean into a corner.

If the S40 had mid controls next year I would be the first guy in line to buy a new  one.

After 5000+ miles on the S40 I am used to the forward peg location and I do pretty well on the corners.

Kenny

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 22:30:58

General CategoryThe Cafe › The Right Dr. Will Keep You Ridin'

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.