Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
bikebandit.com - let's see how good they are (Read 215 times)
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Re: bikebandit.com - let's see how good they are
Reply #15 - 06/01/16 at 14:03:27

Looks like I received an email from BikeBandit a couple of hours ago indicating that the rim strips have shipped today. Let's see if I get them by Friday.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #16 - 06/02/16 at 07:15:50

Oh Lawdy, let's send him 2/3 of what he needs now, 1/3 later, that'll keep de stress low  Roll Eyes

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #17 - 06/02/16 at 08:37:48

can't you install them later?   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #18 - 06/02/16 at 08:53:36

Sure, I'll install them later on the outside.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #19 - 06/02/16 at 09:14:10

Art Webb wrote on 06/02/16 at 07:15:50:
Oh Lawdy, let's send him 2/3 of what he needs now, 1/3 later, that'll keep de stress low  Roll Eyes

You did good by remembering to order rim strips....the last bike I took apart had rim strips that were not usable again.

That is part of the frustration with the new internet business format.  The retailers may not have a store or showroom anywhere, and they don't have a warehouse full of stuff, and their "inventory" cost is very low.  When you need something - they take your order and money - then send out the order to a "distributor" that does have a warehouse full of stuff.....and the order gets processed.  So.....if you order a pair of tires, a pair of rim strips, and a wheel bearing...they could be coming from several different warehouses.  And to make it even more confusing - that "pair" of tires may not be coming from the same distributor.  When I ordered the tires for the ST1100 the rear tire is a common size - the front is not.  I got a very fresh rear tire from one warehouse, and a 4 year old front tire from a different warehouse......several days apart.

And if you buy local......you may well be going though the same ordeal if they don't have the tire or part sitting on a shelf in their store.  They will order from the same retailer or distributor that you get when you go online.  Most shops carry the things that sell frequently (soft gummy tires for sport bikes) - but Savage parts generally have to be ordered.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #20 - 06/02/16 at 09:29:28

Many local brick and mortar businesses, including motorcycle shops, are creating their own demise. They don't inventory much anymore and they sure aren't in a rush to get anything to the customer.

The exception here where I am at is American Eagle Harley Davidson. If they don't have the parts in stock they will have them in their store in 4 days.

With Amazon Prime, and living only a few miles from one of their procurement centers, I have most stuff that I order the next business day, if not it will be here on the second day.

The Buell Forum has a deal with Amazon where they have a link on their website and receive a small commission whenever we order from them. Amazon is where most of the guys on the Buell Forum get their tires.

Kenny G

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #21 - 06/03/16 at 14:15:24

Update. Rim strips received today.

I am not in a big hurry to install the tires so no big deal that rim strips took a week longer than the tires to arrive. However, had I been in a hurry to install tires, I would have been less than happy to have had to wait an additional week for these rims strips. Oh well, at least the tires are pretty fresh.

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #22 - 06/04/16 at 07:28:06

9 out of 10 I've been able to reuse rim strips, but keeping a few on hand ain't a bad idea
I have used electrical tape in an emergency  Grin

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #23 - 06/04/16 at 14:13:25

My first tire change the guy pulled off the strip, grabbed some wide, rubbery tape and wrapped up the rim. Said that is what he did with the dirt bikes.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 22:27:35

General CategoryThe Cafe › bikebandit.com - let's see how good they are

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.