LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Car Port
Reply #15 - 05/25/16 at 15:50:03

GOD is in absolute control of absolutely everything all of the time.

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #16 - 05/26/16 at 19:11:23

Kenny G wrote on 05/25/16 at 08:17:36:
MM,

I wish I had place like that to pull pull my cars under when we get hail storms.

That is a nice job and very sturdy looking.

Kenny G

If you work smart, it's not hard to build a carport big enough for a car or two, and it's not all that expensive, either
You might need a building permit, though

IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #17 - 05/26/16 at 19:50:07

Art,

Where I live we cannot build anything. It is a gated community with more rules than The Old Testament....

I love the rules as it keeps the neighbors in check.   Tongue

Kenny G

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #18 - 05/27/16 at 04:26:12

Kenny G wrote on 05/26/16 at 19:50:07:
Art,
Where I live we cannot build anything. It is a gated community with more rules than The Old Testament....

Kenny G

Some of that is nice - however I was talking to one fellow who lives in a condominium association that prohibits motorcycles.  He has to keep his BMW at a friends house....he can't even ride his bike home!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #19 - 05/27/16 at 05:18:22

He cannot ride his bike home ? ?
Time to move.

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #20 - 05/27/16 at 06:54:09

Art,

Kenny G

We're opposites in this respect
Having grown up very poor, I prefer to be allowed to have my DIY projects, although I don't object to some basic safety codes
Would your community allow you to buy a certified portable steel carport that'd be erected on your lot by professionals?
Around $700 would get a 12x20
if you can't even have one measly portable carport, professionally built and engineer certified, I would be out of there so fast it'd make the HOA's heads spin
there's a diference between protecting property value and tyrannizing your neighbors, and it seems most HOAs lean to the latter

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #21 - 05/27/16 at 06:57:14

Dave wrote on 05/27/16 at 04:26:12:
Art,

Kenny G

Seems we need something added to the equal rights act
no discrimination on the basis of creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or choice of 2 wheels or 4
Now here is some real oppression our SJWs can protest over!  Roll Eyes
Some of that is nice - however I was talking to one fellow who lives in a condominium association that prohibits motorcycles.  He has to keep his BMW at a friends house....he can't even ride his bike home!

IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Reply #22 - 05/27/16 at 07:40:07

We can have all the wheeled vehicles that we want.

You can only park one vehicle in the driveway overnight. We do have "Guest Tags" for when company arrives.

No one grew up more poor than my family during the The Second World War. I was in school before I ever went to the bathroom indoors.

We managed to get ahead a little bit through hard work and I want to live where they have rules. If I want to see poverty I can go in town and look around.

Kenny G

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #23 - 05/28/16 at 07:50:50

While I always had indoor plumbing, we sometimes didn't eat, and I've been homeless, that's about as poor as it gets
I'm still poor, and now don't have indoor plumbing  Grin but I eat regular, so to me I'm doing good, but there is no way I could exist in a community where no DIYing was allowed as a homeowner (if you call a 16x8 travel trailer a home, and an HOA wouldn't) so I guess current finances are a determining factor
OTOH in a gated community that disallows more than 1 car in the driveway, you probably have a garage, so there's that, I'd love to have a garage one day, but it ain't gonna happen unless I wall in my carport to make it a barn  Grin
All I have to do to see poverty is look out my windows

IP Logged
Gus

Thumpers Rock!

Minnesota
Reply #24 - 05/28/16 at 17:22:15

Those things are a little impractical here but man that is a nice sized shed. Could double as a nice place for a cook out party type situation.

1994 BMW K75S
2011 s40
1979 Honda CT90 Trail
1964 Honda CT200 Trail
One cylinder - one carburetor. Life is good!
Retired/Minnesota
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #25 - 05/28/16 at 23:17:42

Well !  Wink     Could double as a nice place for a cook out party type situation.

Come Visit and we'll throw something on the Grill !!!  Smiley

And ride Tn. for a bit  ...   Cool

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #26 - 05/29/16 at 00:35:33

With respect Art Webb, you now appear to own land and the SHED and the formal house will arrive sooner than you think. Most of the worlds population doesn't own land

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #27 - 05/30/16 at 09:25:56

with respect also, JC,  we were discussing growing up poor, and it wasn't me who claimed nobody grew up poorer than me, as that idea is demonstrably wrong
no one who has spent most of his life with a roof and some food is by any measure the poorest person in the world, there are people living in alleys and under bridges as we speak, as well as tarpaper shacks in muddy fields
Currently in the US an income of 20k is considered 'poverty level' for a 2 person household, the smallest household listed, and my income before taxes is around $27 k, so I do still qualify as 'poor' by any reasonable first world standard, but not nearly 'poorest of the poor' a status I never claimed, though i have been homeless and gone without food for days
I don't own the land yet, but will soon, so that's a definite improvement over a lot of the world's population
The land IS in an impoverished area though, I am buying this lot for less that 10k, (and it's not worth 1/2 that, according to the tax office)
the Shed will be a 'formal house' at an income of 27k, and an age of 49, I will never be able to afford what most folks would call a house
That's ok, the shed will be enough for a man going his own way, or maybe I'll go for a bigger one later
If I had any sort of an HOA I would be off this land tomorrow, and not by choice, and so would all of my neighbors
maybe that'll give a better understanding of why I said that, as someone who grew up poor I like being able to do my DIY projects, many people couldn't afford to live under such restrictions
Heck, if I hadn't been allowed to make my RV cover, my roof would be dripping on my head right now

IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Reply #28 - 05/30/16 at 11:39:49

Art,

I have never condemned any one else's way of living.

I count my blessings and I am thankful for the opportunities that I have had to get a public school education and a chance through hard work to get ahead.

I would love to have a carport like MM is building, but I cannot have it where I chose to live out my final years. I do have a hangar for all of the equipment that will not fit in the garage or my one car driveway limit.

On this Memorial Day I am thankful for all those that gave so I have the freedom to live any where that I want.

Kenny G

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #29 - 05/30/16 at 19:57:33

Art ,

Just keep telling your self "Sugar Mom" , "Sugar Mom"  ,   Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 00:25:44

General CategoryThe Cafe › Car Port

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.