Blinded....... (Read 72 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Blinded.......
05/24/16 at 05:12:46

Sorry, but I sit and shake my head with slight amazed befuddlement......
At folks like JOG and Bot.

It seems they are bookends without realizing their views, beliefs, and actions is what is holding up their "hate" of Trump and Hillary.

In all honesty, I don't think either really hate them, not in an evil way, that's for sure...
But in the same vein as those who oppose Obama or Rush.
Can you really hate something unless your intimate with its target?

Can we say hate is the absence of love?

It is a strange year for sure, we are witnessing the dismantling of the old guards, the elistist conservative who make the rules to empower their lot, and the limousine liberal, who uses victims to capture their power, then ride along with the conservatives to the bank to cash their checks!

It seems Sander's is exposing the fallacy of the left, and we see how shallow the party established roots really are, yet....
Unless the FBI and AG interven, she will be their candidate.

I don't for a second think either finalist hate their country, or their opposition....
Their internal conflict of hipocracies would eat them up...
Sure, it's a self imposed burden they freely accepted, but it is nothing unique or novel.
I dare say maybe those with a critical view of our democracy and enflunce on worldly issues, sees it better than we do....

Finally, this country has been ripped apart by civil wars and world wars, and yet she stands to this day as testimony.
We will survive either presidecies too!

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Blinded.......
Reply #1 - 05/24/16 at 05:32:20

No. "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated".

The opposite of love is not hate, rather its selfishness. Before you can hate, you must love otherwise there's ambivalence.

All national politicians have a strong narcissistic personality, some are worse than others.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 05/24/16 at 05:57:44

WebsterMark wrote on 05/24/16 at 05:32:20:

No. "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated".

The opposite of love is not hate, rather its selfishness. Before you can hate, you must love otherwise there's ambivalence.

All national politicians have a strong narcissistic personality, some are worse than others.

Thanks Web, awesome response!
I think you framed my question better, you must love first, before you can hate....
Is that the context you use?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 05/24/16 at 06:43:44

I would say that's a phrase that has been misapplied plenty of times.....!

That doesn't mean there's not an element truth to it however.

but no, Hillary doesn't hate the country. Obama doesn't hate the country. The country is just a tool for them to satisfy their narcissistic personalities. But like I said all national politicians have that element within themselves.

I honestly believe, and this might sound crazy given trumps flair for the theatrics, but I think he's the most patriotic candidate that was in the race all year. I think he believes in the idea of America more than Hillary and Sanders combined.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #4 - 05/24/16 at 06:52:08

Quote:

I don't think there is any question about that. The real question is what kind of a country will we have after four or eight years of either of the likely choices.

A right wing despot or a left wing despot is still a despot. A tyranny that is democratically elected is still a tyranny.

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken

IP Logged
mrlvlagic
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 05/24/16 at 06:56:17

oldNslow wrote on 05/24/16 at 06:52:08:
Quote:

I don't think there is any question about that. The real question is what kind of a country will we have after four or eight years of either of the likely choices.

A right wing despot or a left wing despot is still a despot. A tyranny that is democratically elected is still a tyranny.

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken

Well put.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #6 - 05/24/16 at 07:07:07

Please define survive...  

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #7 - 05/24/16 at 07:58:29

pg wrote on 05/24/16 at 07:07:07:

Please define survive...  

Best regards,

It is possible to "survive" a catastrophic accident or illness and be kept alive with a ventilator and a feeding tube. Whether that kind of "survival" is worthwhile or desirable is an individual decision.

You just started a thread about the troubles in Venezuela. Venezuela will "survive" it's present difficulties. Whether or not it remains a place that anyone would want to reside in is an entirely different issue.

Sooner or later the same dilemma will have to be faced by the citizens of this country. The USA will certainly "survive". Some folks aren't going to like it all that much though.  

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #8 - 05/24/16 at 08:23:49

Web, patriotic is a word that has lost its original meaning....
And I might add, it's prolly a good thing.

You see how Hillary remarked it was patriotic to be at odds with s sitting president, Bush....
Yet, I will bet dollars to donuts if she wins, and Rush voices any opposition to her policies, it will be because he is a sexist pig....
Sorry bacon lovers  Grin

Or how it was used in advertising as a Buy American ploy, or union pitch to keep from its ever dwindling membership, etc.

I will tell you what I think the words mean....
I think it's is best exampled by those who fought and died, or scarred, in battle to ensure ALL might have a life free from tyranny, not just those use the same bathroom  Grin

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #9 - 05/24/16 at 08:27:31

If we want to liken the fifties and sixties to a healthy person, then how close to dead are we now?

Could you run a thirteen stool snack bar and support a family, add onto the house , put gutters on, build a garage, upgrade vehicles, build a pen and place for feed and have horses, AND save Money for buying a country store that had a bait shop and feed store?

No, you CAN'T accomplish that today. Nobody can do that TODAY.
When I was a kid all kindsa places had a grill/ burger stand.
Did it go out of Style or was it economically just no longer feasible? People don't turn away a profit, increased traffic into the store. They just can't generate enough revenue to cover the cost of existence AND leave a reasonable, if any,profit.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #10 - 05/24/16 at 09:18:04

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/24/16 at 08:27:31:
If we want to liken the fifties and sixties to a healthy person, then how close to dead are we now?

Could you run a thirteen stool snack bar and support a family, add onto the house , put gutters on, build a garage, upgrade vehicles, build a pen and place for feed and have horses, AND save Money for buying a country store that had a bait shop and feed store?

No, you CAN'T accomplish that today. Nobody can do that TODAY.
When I was a kid all kindsa places had a grill/ burger stand.
Did it go out of Style or was it economically just no longer feasible? People don't turn away a profit, increased traffic into the store. They just can't generate enough revenue to cover the cost of existence AND leave a reasonable, if any,profit.

JOG...... I think you said you own/buying your house.
So, are you free from the driving influences that have led to the causes of the things you exampled?

I have yet met a person who is selling their house to say, hey, it's not worth that much, offer me less to be fair.
A home/house in the very foundation upon where Americana shines its greatest, personal property.....

Or....

Do you exempt yourself for a just cause?  

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #11 - 05/24/16 at 09:27:29

oldNslow wrote on 05/24/16 at 07:58:29:
It is possible to "survive" a catastrophic accident or illness and be kept alive with a ventilator and a feeding tube. Whether that kind of "survival" is worthwhile or desirable is an individual decision.

Sooner or later the same dilemma will have to be faced by the citizens of this country. The USA will certainly "survive". Some folks aren't going to like it all that much though.  

Technically that is correct; although, I would like to believe anything better than Chernobyl wouldn't constitute survival.   Undecided

Regardless, what do you think is America's time frame to pay the piper?

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #12 - 05/24/16 at 10:00:31

Quote:
Regardless, what do you think is America's time frame to pay the piper?

No idea. I'm pretty sure that whether we elect the Wicked Witch from Little Rock or the Joker from Gotham isn't going to stretch it out any though. Once the ball starts rolling downhill it just keeps picking up speed till it flies over the edge of the cliff or hits a tree.

I've seen some countries come apart at the seams pretty quick.No reason that couldn't happen here under the right combination of events.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #13 - 05/24/16 at 10:49:34

It seems you guys are saying money is the glue that holds together our country, yes?

Money is not a real commodity, and thus has no real value, nor is capable of destroying us.
It is a system of agreed upon manageability that allows commerce to flow more readily and accessibly.
True, a piper exist, but he can no more get blood out of a turnip than a jolly green giant can get corn out if my niblets  Shocked

If a total meltdown happens, we just reboot. All the supporting I infrastructure does not simply disappear....
Ugly, yes, but we have long surpassed the point of deploying life rafts, USS Americana sinks, everyone goes down with her!

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #14 - 05/24/16 at 16:50:43

We had a good man. A peanut framer, A man who brought peace to the middle east ,Instead of war, A man who didn't spend the tax payers money after he retired but builds them homes .HE COULD'T GET REELECTED!

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 22:02:01

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Blinded.......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.