Tire changes (Read 64 times)
Daren
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bartlett  NH / Boston MA
Tire changes
05/08/16 at 19:43:19

I finally got around changing tires I got last fall. It took me longer than expected because I never changed the MC tires before. Front took me about 4 hours because I had to build a poor mans motorcycle lift using three 2x8 and I pinched the tube. I had to take it all apart and  reuse the old tube because new one leaked after pinching.
The rear tire took about about the same (balancing and making weights from 2oz salt water fishing weights that end up not using was probably an hour).I hope next change will be much easier..
Front: Shinko 230 Tour Master Front Tire
Color- Black, Size- 100/90V-19
Rear: Shinko 230 Tour Master Rear Tire
Color- Black, Size- 130/90V-15
Lessons learned: you don't have to take the belt shied off. Just take the rear axle out, deflate tire, take break drum out, take belt wheel out and the wheel should came out.
I took Savage for a 30 miles ride and it seem more nimble. I really like the new tires!! I did want to push them for first 100 miler... but they feel great. Now I'm ready for the new season.
Reading all previous tire related posts really helped... Wink

IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Re: Tire changes
Reply #1 - 05/08/16 at 20:33:46

Good work, man! Cool

IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #2 - 05/08/16 at 20:52:54

You didn't say if you balanced them.  If not, I have been using the ceramic balls in mine. The easiest way to do it. 1.5 oz in the font tube, 2.5 oz in the rear.  You can put them in thru the valve stem. They really smooth out the ride. Do a search on youtube and you'll learn all about them.
Keep track of the mileage & tread depth and post it here, guys always want to know.

IP Logged
chzeckmate
Serious Thumper

Be the person your
dog thinks you are

Houston, Texas
Reply #3 - 05/09/16 at 00:59:24

Nice! Those Shink 230's are an exceptional value.  They perform every bit as good, if not better than, the super expensive ones.  Cheers!

'05 S40, dyna muffler, rejet, high flow filter, Mobil 1 Racing 4T, Shinko 230 set with 140/90 rear, raptor, seat lift, LED running lights/signals, tach, reversed risers, homemade MR10 Lexan windscreen
  IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #4 - 05/09/16 at 02:09:29

I bought the 140/90 last year and boy are they heavy! next time it's 130/90! Cool

IP Logged
savagerider
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/09/16 at 16:58:22

Great job man. Glad to hear you were able to pull through with the job.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 06:19:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Tire changes

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.