That blasted Box! (Read 160 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: That blasted Box!
Reply #15 - 04/30/16 at 22:27:56

You better plan to use guy lines.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #16 - 04/30/16 at 23:09:41

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/30/16 at 22:27:56:
You better plan to use guy lines.

Nah.... 20' down here with a small antenna I will just make a bracket to my eaves.
These antenna are fairly cheap $20-$40, so if there happens to be a surprise storm hit, I won't have to spend much to put it back up.
I will just bury a 4 X 4 down a couple of feet and chisel out a channel for the pipe to lock into, throw a bolt in the bottom for a swivel point and a small pulley under the eave, easy peasy.
Did a similar one in a temp rental down here about 10 years ago, LOL, they woman who owned the place paid me for it too... and told me to patent the idea.
Like so many other things we all put together and share, most folks patent them to make money.... not me.... well, one day maybe, but its going to have to be a doozy. Grin

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #17 - 05/01/16 at 11:11:30

Locked to the eaves equals guy lines. It's not twenty feet freestanding that way.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #18 - 05/01/16 at 19:51:34

My fav is Better Call Saul , think it's the best show on tv . With Hell On Wheels as my second fav , after that it's educational tv , lord knows I need it !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #19 - 05/01/16 at 20:02:30

Better Call Saul

Set to record.

Season is over, dangitt.

Wife said something about Breaking Bad coming back.
I haven't heard anything.

I looked it up, Hoax...

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #20 - 05/01/16 at 20:28:30

Hay Guys

Don't know how wide spread this is but here is a free TV Guide site .

http://www.titantv.com/default.aspx

I have customized it to the channels I get , you might adapt it to your area ???  I use it all the time and even have a Icon for it on my desktop .   Wink

Bill
sorry for the slow reply !  Roll Eyes  taking off for 9 days got me way behind on chores .    The power for rotating goes up the  wire that the signal come down .   I can't see where its pointed from the living-room so I just leave it pointed the same direction all the time , and still get plenty to watch.   There are a lot of independent stations out there !  Tongue

Mine is maybe 5 foot above the roof on a 20' pole. clamped to the house.

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #21 - 05/02/16 at 05:58:36

My wife and I have started watching "Little Big Shots" on Sunday night.  Lots of really talented kids, and Steve Harvey is really funny when interviewing/interacting with them.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #22 - 05/03/16 at 22:40:00

Thanks MMR

I have to take a look at my cable box outside the house to see how they have the cables run (it has a metal clip lock).

I have internet cable so I am not sure which one runs to my cable modem for it, I might have to crawl up in my attic and splice a few cables until I get what I want.
I don't think the cable company will help me with that, but you never know.
From my understanding, the cable box on my house is mine, the contractor ran all of the cables, the cable company only owns the line coming to my house. So apparently I can do anything I want with the cable box.
I want to run the antenna cable to a signal booster and then to the "cable in" side for the house at the box.
And leave one cable for the internet modem.
Been kinda busy lately... but I will get around to it this week or next.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 08:35:22

General CategoryThe Cafe › That blasted Box!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.