That blasted Box!
04/27/16 at 20:05:48

So, I have a few shows I like.
Limitless
Impossible Engineering
Antiques Roadshow
American Pickers
Car shows
I Would like Mecum auctions, but the sound of an auctioneer makes me nauseous.

Ahh, ETA
Better call Saul.. I totally dig that one.

What's yer fave?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: That blasted Box!
Reply #1 - 04/27/16 at 20:36:36

what on earth
nasa unexplained

WWW   IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #2 - 04/27/16 at 20:44:14

history channel
sci-fi (without the wrestling)
a lot of the higher channels that do documentaries and interesting stories...

the wife is stuck on all the marvel shows, and detective shows, and police shows, and story book type shows....

I'm going to dump cable, and told her so... NBC,CBS and ABC all broadcast a digital signal down here, I think its mandatory.

I have just got to find the right digital antenna....

COX Cable just made it mandatory to have a "digital" box on every TV.... we have five.... at 3 bucks each a month that's another 15 bucks on the bill. And all of ours are "smart" TV's, digital ready... but guess what? You still need the box...

I'm going to keep internet and she can use Amazon to watch a couple of her series, at 2 weeks behind she can watch each episode for 3 bucks X 3 shows, that's 9 bucks a week.
It will be much cheaper than the 130 bucks they are charging for standard cable now.
My internet service costs me 35 bucks a month my bill is 164-167 a month... and I have basic cable... go figure eh?
With the extra 15 + what ever tax comes with that, i'll be pretty close to 200 bucks a month.... It ain't happenin'...

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
DesertRat
Serious Thumper

I love rat bikes!

Arizona
Reply #3 - 04/27/16 at 20:56:49

I previously liked American Pickers, until I found out that it was all staged ...  Sad

Bones
Castle
Big Bang Theory
Parks & Recreation  Cool

-The silence of indifference makes cowards of men.
- http://www.pipeburn.com/home/category/rat
  IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #4 - 04/27/16 at 21:44:31

Vikings.
That's it. All the TV I watch these days apart from a movie if it's something I want to see.
I used to like American Pickers but it's gone on too long and I've lost interest. Same with Mythbusters. Great show but I'm over it.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 04/28/16 at 04:55:18

DesertRat wrote on 04/27/16 at 20:56:49:

Ohh, Dude! Im still wiping tears as I type. That TOFU thing,  Wow. And, the
I will buy your apples
Thing , naturally was very good
I know it's staged, and once I found out I started looking at other things, I see staging now, it's like some of the other things I know. Can't unring the bell.

Ohh, Pawn Stars..
When you see them in the Office, just talking, just them , they are not in the store. No way..

I have a hard time seeing Chum as a meth head.. looks more like a downer freak.

Our telephone, T.V., and innernek all come from the phone company. Bundled, drop one, tv or net, price goes up. More than fifteen bucks, too.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Gus

Thumpers Rock!

Minnesota
Reply #6 - 04/28/16 at 05:48:12

We got no TV service. Watch a movie on Netflix once in awhile. Spend most of my time in the shop either wrenching, working on some project or riding. Been rap in here for days now; so the shop.

1994 BMW K75S
2011 s40
1979 Honda CT90 Trail
1964 Honda CT200 Trail
One cylinder - one carburetor. Life is good!
Retired/Minnesota
  IP Logged
Doug B

I am, therefore I
think

Kennewick, WA
Reply #7 - 04/28/16 at 12:57:14

Over the years : shows on murder and the paranormal

Lately : Shark Tank
           NCIS
           I used to watch Pawn Stars and American Pickers(didn't know about the fakery). I heard the same thing about Storage Wars. When I found out about Jeopardy's staging long ago it kinda ruined it for me(they give the contestants 30 categories to study up on days before- and then choose 12 of them during the game)

Also verslagen1's What On Earth(the eye in the sky - can you imagine what they don't show us) and NASA Unexplained(I saw Digger on this one) are shows that I've seen every episode(at least once).      

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #8 - 04/28/16 at 13:50:13

I don't watch very much TV....mostly just a little bit to unwind at the end of the day and let my mind/body slow down a bit.  In the old days of "better" TV, I would watch the late night reruns of MASH, TAXI....or Benny Hill.  It may not have been all that sophisticated - but it was clever in a lot of ways.

Now - the shows are so pathetically dumbed down I can't stand to watch most of them....the reality TV shows are so melodramatic and staged that they are horribly unrealistic.  It all hit home one evening when I was watching a National Geographic show and they were tracking down a stolen motorcycle....and when they got to the door the fellow who opened the door was just casually talking to them - even though it was obvious there were 4 or 5 cameras in his face (the camera angles weren't from hidden cameras - but the big shoulder mounted cameras)!  At that point I pretty much stopped watching that crap.....and Orange County Choppers turned out to be one of the worst offenders of being overly dramatic - as much as I liked watching how creative they were, I just couldn't stand the constant bickering.

Now....I only watch some races on MAVTV, a programs on NatGeo, and a few music shows on RFD.  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #9 - 04/28/16 at 14:52:34

Yeah, Dave, when someone is supposedly being
Made contact with
and cameramen are everywhere, and they act like nobody i s there except for the person they are talking to, that's pretty telling. I'm pretty sure the people who answer the door when Pickers show up know exactly Who is coming and exactly what time.
Reality shows,, ohh please.. anything but.
And I gave up on OC Choppers for the same reason.
Build the bikes, knock off the soap opera. Sheesh..
I did learn a little. I grab paper when I'm trying to build a strange shape in metal.

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #10 - 04/28/16 at 23:35:13

I highly recommend a Roku Streaming Stick. I dropped Directv and I went from $1200/yr to $100/yr. I got tired of them raising rates a dollar or so every time they felt like it. Roku can be absolutely free, but I am paying for HULU for my wife and daughter to watch Grim and other such crap. I was skeptical, but for $49 at WalMart I took the risk. A gazillion channels you program in with your remote. No contract or subscription.  Works off an HDMI port on your tv and uses your WiFi. They have a very good explanation of how it works on YouTube by one of their techs. If you are completely stupid and drunk it will take about 20 minutes to get it going. lol

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #11 - 04/29/16 at 04:32:55

i'M GETTING 21 DIGITAL CHANNELS OUT OF THIN AIR !

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HDTV-Outdoor-Amplified-Antenna-HD-TV-36dB-Rotate-Remo...

THROW IN NETFLIX AND THERE IS SO MUCH TO WATCH !

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Gus

Thumpers Rock!

Minnesota
Reply #12 - 04/29/16 at 07:27:44

MMRanch wrote on 04/29/16 at 04:32:55:
i'M GETTING 21 DIGITAL CHANNELS OUT OF THIN AIR !

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HDTV-Outdoor-Amplified-Antenna-HD-TV-36dB-Rotate-Remo...

THROW IN NETFLIX AND THERE IS SO MUCH TO WATCH !

MMR- how far away is that thing picking up channels. We don't have alot of options here. Most of them are 60-100 miles away at the least.

1994 BMW K75S
2011 s40
1979 Honda CT90 Trail
1964 Honda CT200 Trail
One cylinder - one carburetor. Life is good!
Retired/Minnesota
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #13 - 04/29/16 at 07:44:28

it takes an hour and a half to drive to Nashville TN or Huntsville AL. and pointing toward either one works , but I leave it pointing to Huntsville.   Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #14 - 04/30/16 at 20:10:27

Boofer, I already have a smart TV and it came with a Wi-Fi stick, so all I need to do is just drop the cable because we have Amazon.
I don't know if amazon has Grim though... she likes that one too...

Still looking at online antenna's and boosters trying to find the highest ranking ones with the most customer reports.

so far it is looking like this one is really good...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Channel-Master-2016-DIGITAL-ADVANTAGE-HDTV-VHF-UHF-...

MMR...  yours is one of the Channel Masters also... they seem to make a good brand.
Also, how  is that one powered? I see no electrical cable for the rotating box.

I will purchase about 20' of chain link fence railing Smiley because it is stout stuff, and make a pole attached to the house, that I can take down if a hurricane is approaching.
I might also buy a directional motor to put on it like my dad had on our CB antenna back in the 70's  Cheesy

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 06:26:03

General CategoryThe Cafe › That blasted Box!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.