YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Stung...
Reply #15 - 04/22/16 at 12:57:03

Sorry,...  I'll bite my tongue... Roll Eyes

I was wearing a FF with shield and sunglasses... but, the face sheild was opened about 2" for air... it's hot here!...
It was a very determined little bug... Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
DesertRat
Serious Thumper

I love rat bikes!

Arizona
Reply #16 - 04/22/16 at 13:00:38

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/22/16 at 11:49:03:
What are you wearing?

WTF Justin ???  Grin Grin Grin

go get some F#@king sleep ...

-The silence of indifference makes cowards of men.
- http://www.pipeburn.com/home/category/rat
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #17 - 04/22/16 at 13:25:29

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/22/16 at 11:49:03:
What are you wearing?

Khakis........... Wink

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #18 - 04/22/16 at 14:30:20

she sounds hideous...

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 04/22/16 at 14:50:25

Well, of course, she's a Mayunn..

Look guys, several of you seem to have forgotten some of the, although unwritten, still very valid, IMO, Ground rules,
MY job here is to hunt down tiny little openings that would allow Me to take a jab at someone. I am Not supposed to be the Jabee,  and, come on, you guys took a number, got in line and took a swing..

Nicely done.. And, because I am Such a good sport, I will be waiting,patiently,

Row, I dunno how fast you were going, what time of day, but, whatever you hit, bet it has friends and family that can do to you what that did. And You had that split second between it hitting your cheek, bouncing under the glasses and then, somehow, getting into the closing eyeball. Bummer, probably, hopefully, never happen again.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #20 - 04/23/16 at 05:52:28

Yup, impossible WILL happen...
While riding up to Illinois 6 years ago on the interslab about dusk and only 2 miles to go to the hotel we had booked, I had an incident that keeps coming back to haunt me.
Moths are attracted to a flame, or for that matter, ANY light. And as our turn was going to be coming up I got into the far right lane of the interslab forcing the semi-truck behind me to pass me on the left. And he had a "few" lights on it.
Anywho.... as he passed a moth, not just any moth, a LUNA moth (about the size of a sparrow), somehow managed to get tossed around with the air currents and lodged under my glasses on my right eye, totally flapping and spreading that dang dusty coating they have all in my eye and its feet clawing all over.
Now I don't know about you guys, but a bird sized bug, crawling and flapping around trapped under my glasses and ON MY EYE, made me lose it a little, yeah.... a little.
As I started to scream and shake my head and ease the bike over to the trouble lane, my wife started freaking and pounding on my back asking "what the hell are you doing!", so now I have TWO things going on.... yeah, real fun stuff.
So, i'm trying to go right using my left eye, with a moth beating the heck outta my face clawing around and my wife beating the heck outta my back. I finally managed to slow down and pull over safely.... how, I have no idea, but we made it next to the cement wall without crashing into it.
Then I turn to face my wife who can't think about anything other than the non-stop noise of cars still going by at 75 mph, and I have this "bird thing" flapping under my glasses, which I have finally realized won't eat me, or my eye, and she then jerks back and tries to climb over the luggage on the back to get away.... yeah, get away, not help me get it out of my face. LOL....
End of story.... I removed my glasses, my eye was burning like fire... you know... kinda like you have sand in it. So I drove the last two miles with my eye on fire and watering like a faucet.... with the wife patting my back... saying "you can make it honey".
Lets face it...  stuff happens... and it ain't always funny at the time....but when you look back on it.... you can smile, well, she can, any time at dusk and I am on the interstate, I try to keep ahead of them semi-trucks

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #21 - 04/23/16 at 06:04:46

I hit a dove one evening coming out of the sun light into the shade of a wooded area.

The dove hit the hand brake master cylinder and the guts and feathers flew up and under my bubble shaped face shield. What a freakin' filthy mess. I turned around and went back to my brother's place to cleanup the mess.

When I left for home the second time I took a different route.

Kenny G

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #22 - 04/23/16 at 06:38:21

.. yeah, get away, not help me get it out of my face. LOL....

Wow,, I have words, the Best Words,
But, they escape me.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #23 - 04/23/16 at 07:02:57

I spent a lot of my time on the Sisters rally with my helmet visor cracked a bit, I know exactly what Serow is talking about, feels so good to have a little circulation in the helmet, and bugs can get in even with it fully closed
LOL at Bill's wife, she probably though he was a goner, and she was next
Silly Bill, dont;cha know the husband is the protector?  Grin

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #24 - 04/25/16 at 14:50:37

I think she was thinking it was a bad movie about to start...

Child Of MOTHRA.... LOL Smiley

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #25 - 04/25/16 at 15:07:55

Don't wanna get stung in the gnuts.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 20:37:20

General CategoryThe Cafe › Stung...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.