Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Trued/balanced my front tire today. (Read 22 times)
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Trued/balanced my front tire today.
04/18/16 at 20:05:35

I spent all day truing my front tire. The irregularities in the tire make it very confusing. It will look good on one side and wobbly on the other. That doesn't even mention the rim. I wondered for a while whether I should true the tire or true the rim. Seemed like the former made more sense. I researched a little bit and, so far, I found only a couple people talking about it on some forum, talking about the value of wire wheels, how they can compensate for tire irregularities.

Look at this: http://www.motorcycleforum.com/showthread.php?t=102167

I didn't get it perfect, but I think I got the runout a little better (I hope Undecided), especially the radial runout, which should smooth things out a bit. It's probably impossible, or nearly so, to get it absolutely perfect since the tire is probably not perfect. Are any of them? Huh

If I remember correctly Undecided, the weight that mechanic put on was near the valve. When I balanced it, I put it pretty much opposite. Grin In fact, I added a little weight. It's not perfect, but I went with it.

I was right not to trust that mechanic. Tongue Now maybe my tire won't cup anymore.

Could be placebo, but when I tested it, the handling felt better-- smoother--looser. The bars felt like I could be looser, more delicate and gentle. I think there was an improvement... albeit a subtle one.

Can anyone back me up on these observations?

2004 Suzuki Savage, Riding since fall 2015.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/17/24 at 08:02:57

General CategoryThe Cafe › Trued/balanced my front tire today.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.