raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Believers.....
04/17/16 at 06:50:17

Please consider this:

Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins.
—James 4:17

Jesus taught this principle when he healed on the Sabbath (Mark 3:1-7) and told the parable of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:29-37). Our Lord made it clear that to neglect to do a good deed for another in need, even if we had a religious excuse for not doing it, was to do evil. Let's be a people known for doing good deeds and sharing kindness. Let's not let any excuse, especially a religious excuse, interfere with our glorious and holy opportunities to serve others in the name of Jesus.

Its not the cake they need, or any other threat, removed, like a Nativity scene, no.....
But a witness of us, by us, akin to how Jesus treated prostitutes and others in weakness of sins.  

I promise, the person your free firstly, will be yourself  Smiley

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Believers.....
Reply #1 - 04/17/16 at 16:13:02

If folks actually behaved as the bible says,... I'd vote for them... Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 04/17/16 at 16:25:10

Yeah, that and if they would behave as they say they will...

The best screwings I've ever had were by Self described Christians. None greater than the bible pounding one who is in jail. May he remain there for the rest of my life.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 04/17/16 at 16:27:56

Trump’s favorite Bible verse is one Jesus specifically repudiated...
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/apr/14/donald-trump-favorite-bible-v...
...“eye for an eye,”...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 04/17/16 at 17:00:51

Well, Trump worries me, but Cruz is scary. I completely trust Hillary. I Know she is gonna screw America over. Don't forget, Jesus also said
If you don't have a sword, sell your coat. Get one.
Not defending self and family is not reasonable.
I'm not sure an atheist is able to grasp the finer points. But, you can surprise me.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 04/17/16 at 17:53:18

"Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword."

Jesus can be as contradictory as Mohammad... Huh

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #6 - 04/17/16 at 18:58:33

What's contradictory about that statement?  Jesus was very consistent; although, I see many discrepancies between the old & new testaments.  

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #7 - 04/17/16 at 19:02:37

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/17/16 at 17:00:51:
Well, Trump worries me, but Cruz is scary. I completely trust Hillary. I Know she is gonna screw America over. Don't forget, Jesus also said
If you don't have a sword, sell your coat. Get one.
Not defending self and family is not reasonable.
I'm not sure an atheist is able to grasp the finer points. But, you can surprise me.

Where is that in the Bible?  Huh

2004 Suzuki Savage, Riding since fall 2015.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #8 - 04/17/16 at 19:06:25

Luke 22:36

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 04/17/16 at 20:28:15

[quote author=3B2D3A273F2A273C480 link=1460901018/0#5 date=1460940798]"Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword."

Jesus can be as contradictory as Mohammad...

If you choose to not understand, okay. No shock, really. The bible even states that there would be those who just don't understand. Even explained, still don't understand. Seems like I've explained a lot to a good many, and it's just not helping.

You need to look at the moment when he said that.
I won't be surprised if you study it and come back with Romans 13.

IP Logged
DesertRat
Serious Thumper

I love rat bikes!

Arizona
Reply #10 - 04/18/16 at 19:33:02

the discrepancies and contradictions addressed here are rooted in the Council of Nicaea ... those wealthy and ruling members loved to change things around and confuse the original Word, for control. And non-compliers were murdered and their biblio burned to ash in piles ...

Mathew 16:6
"... beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees."

-The silence of indifference makes cowards of men.
- http://www.pipeburn.com/home/category/rat
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #11 - 04/18/16 at 20:50:18

These words of Christ are not to be understood literally, that he would have his disciples furnish themselves with swords at any rate, since he would never have said, as he afterwards does, that two were sufficient; which could not be enough for eleven men; or have forbid Peter the use of one, as he did in a very little time after this: but his meaning is, that wherever they came, and a door was opened for the preaching of the Gospel, they would have many adversaries, and these powerful, and would be used with great violence, and be followed with rage and persecution; so that they might seem to stand in need of swords to defend them: the phrase is expressive of the danger they would be exposed to, and of their need of protection; and therefore it was wrong in them to be disputing and quarrelling about superiority, or looking out for, and expecting temporal pomp and grandeur, when this would be their forlorn, destitute, and afflicted condition; and they would quickly see the affliction and distress begin in himself. In "seven" ancient copies of Beza's, it is read in the future tense, "he shall take, he shall sell, he shall buy".

Whoops! Sorry! Forgot to grab the link where I copied this.

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 04/19/16 at 15:03:31

So, I am to believe that Jesus didn't Know about the sword?
Or, he knew, knew it was wrong, said nothing?

I don't think I have need of some guy telling me what he wasn't there to see. I can do my own guess work.
I'm pretty sure there is plenty of the bible that is wrong, rewritten by agenda driven men. My beliefs would be what they are, had I never seen a bible. A bible, a preacher,church,  totally unnecessary for salvation. What did Enoch have?
Is it true? Dunno. And, no, without the bible, I wouldn't know about it. Can you understand the difference between what I believe, regarding MY relationship, and what that story means,  probably not.

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #13 - 04/20/16 at 06:53:11

I worked with a friend who had a sign over his desk that said "Do The Wise Thing", don't think it is in the bible but still a real good mantra for life.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 14:17:36

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Believers.....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.