Send Topic Print
Thanks! (Read 68 times)
jasonmrye
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Thanks!
04/16/16 at 07:54:53

Probably not the right place, but I couldn't think of a better spot to say it. She's alive! Thank you to those that helped me get my 2000 model up and running. For those of you that didn't send money to help in the cause, I totally understand - I didn't send you any money either!
She back fires a little, the pipes are bluing right at the joint of the muffler(stock) and the header pipe, and there's a little paint peeling under the gas cap - seriously if these are the worst of my problems (besides being broke) I think I'm going to be alright.
Thank you all so much!

Jason

IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Re: Thanks!
Reply #1 - 04/16/16 at 08:25:06

Yeah, there will be a little noise when you chop the throttle and decelerate. That's normal. What you can do is minimize it. There's no promise you'll ever totally eliminate it. If you manage to get rid of it, then great, if not, that's okay too. I reckon Blue Job can fix the muffler/pipe bluing, if that concerns you. My pipe is blue too. I reckon it is a problem caused by excess heat and aggravated by lean (stock) jetting.

« Last Edit: 04/16/16 at 19:32:43 by cheapnewb24 »  

2004 Suzuki Savage, Riding since fall 2015.
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #2 - 04/16/16 at 08:40:19

jasonmrye wrote on 04/16/16 at 07:54:53:
For those of you that didn't send money to help in the cause, I totally understand - I didn't send you any money either!

If it wouldn't be too much trouble, I'd like to have back whatever amount of the million dollars you didn't have to spend, please!

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 04/16/16 at 08:45:40

For someone new to the site who's only joy is to piss people off you gotta lot nerve. Take from the site and don't give back. Takes money to run the site. Rent the servers and such. Every one here has a day job and a life to live. So don't buy the merchandise you're not likely to get it. But every here has put in their dues and don't forget it.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 04/16/16 at 08:57:10

He's young, opinionated. Sees things that aren't as they Should be and has a judgement to pass. I USED to look at someone's house, stuff needing done, and judge them as lazy, they should be straightening the messes up. Hey, what if they are sick or injured or suffered some tragedy? Well, we HAVE this site. Imagine if it disappeared, the community of owners, disbanded .
The library of knowledge, burned down.
Yeah, take a shot at the man who gives us this place.
His heart isn't in being here any more, but what a wonderful thing, in SPITE of his not being excited about the site, he keeps it going,
Rather than wag a finger at him, you need to appreciate him.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #5 - 04/16/16 at 11:50:53

Cheapie.........Why don't you just leave this man's "THANKS" post alone.....there really is no need to turn this into another one of your 7 page "What If" threads......it is getting annoying.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #6 - 04/16/16 at 12:15:21

Okay, Dave, I'll leave forum business issues to another discussion.

Smiley Wink

Jasonmrye, I wish you well on your Savage journey.

In the style of Mr. Spock,

Thump long and prosper!

Smiley

Cheapie out!

2004 Suzuki Savage, Riding since fall 2015.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/01/24 at 16:58:22

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Thanks!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.