Send Topic Print
Rowboat (Read 53 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Rowboat
04/14/16 at 19:52:32

I believe that I have adequately expressed why we shouldn't bring the refugees in. I'm not seeing your explanation for Why we should. Did I overlook it, or do you just not actually have a reason?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Rowboat
Reply #1 - 04/14/16 at 22:55:31

I accept the argument that there is a risk... there is...
... but, it's part of the "you break it, you own it" philosophy Colin Powell spoke of...
Our policies in the Middle-East have very much contributed to this,.. and we should be honour bound to help these people.
Millions have been affected, and survivors are fleeing... they have lost everything.
Among them, there are assuredly some nefarious actors.
...but, it is our responsibility...
There are millions...  ...and we know for a fact ISIS consists of only few 100,000 in total.. (you can't believe they are all planning to sneak in)... (perhaps a few hundred... among several million)...
The risk of danger, is outweighed by the need of so many...
And we do have some responsibility...

I am an atheist, heathen, sarcastic joker, and not particularly courageous...   ,,,but even I have a code of honour...
I see that we, collectively, (and not me personally),... have a duty.

Plus...as a practical matter...
Defending these masses of innocent victims,... attacks ISIS's argument that we are the evil they fight against.

Don't let fear dictate your morality...
The vast majority of these people are good people in need of help...

If you saw a man attempt to kidnap a child,... you would take a personal risk to prevent it...
Honour and courage require risk... you have it without...

We have a responsibility...

(pardon if that sounds disjointed,... my cursor is misbehaving... jumping all around the page... this took way too long to post)...
Technology is so fustatin'... Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 04/15/16 at 03:43:38

I agree with Bot overall, but the demagoguery of those opposing this influx is just as much responsible for the ill will expressed by many.
Obama is partially to blame for this, as he is not a statesman, and lacks the capacity to assure his motivation is above politics.

To blame a religion is folly, it is a misnomer, and only confuses the real issue that we have some angry world citizens acting out against others.
Justification is theirs, not a weapon, or text, but a personal held belief that they feel releases them from the same responsibilities they hold others to.

This is the mind thought of many, even in our own country, but to a much lesser degree.
A hungry man can overlook ownership of a fruit, if it allows him to address that hunger for the moment.
Until we get to the root of these needs, we will always have conflict.

And finally, what is to fear?

Will any of us escape death?

The details of how will very, but the results will be the same.

Do I cherish dying, no, but I have a pretty good idea what awaits, and that allows it grip to not influence me in a way that robs the present moment, away, or treat others with contempt, disdain, or wrongfully, because of a vested fear I hold....  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 04/15/16 at 05:20:08

If you saw a man attempt to kidnap a child,... you would take a personal risk to prevent it...
Honour and courage require risk... you have it without...

Funny, that's the exact same wording (well almost exactly, swap out kidnap for abort) a pro-life person would say.

Don't let fear dictate your morality...

as a matter of fact, fear is a very good thing to use when dictating morality.

I fear the ramifications from living in inner city drug / gang infested havens so I don't live there, neither do you.

I would fear the results of a strip club opening up in my town so we wouldn't allow it.

You fear, you shake in your boots and $hit in your pants, at the thought of any Christian ideology spoken from a politician.

Yes, I fear mass immigration will do this nation far more harm than good so my answer is no.

Fear is a pretty darn good canary in a coalmine.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 04/15/16 at 05:27:46

To blame a religion is folly, it is a misnomer, and only confuses the real issue that we have some angry world citizens acting out against others.

Nonsense Ray. If a religion called for child sacrifice, I would be pretty comfortable blaming that religion and I suspect you would too.

If a substantial number of Muslims put Shariah Law on equal footing with the Koran and that combination is essentially their ideology / religion leading tp Paris massacres, ISIS, etc...  then yes, I'll blame that religion.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 04/15/16 at 07:46:51

If you agree that
We broke it..
Don't you think they feel the same?
You destroy someone's life and bring them home?
Surely there is someplace else where we can put them as we further saddle ourselves with debt taking care of the wreckage we created.
Play time is over. Nifty sound bites and cliches won't stop people who are angry at America and hate Christians from causing pain here.

I'm REALLY confused. Everyone knows what they do to , so you don't forget which group, I'll use your terminology, gays.
How do the left justify the idea of importing thousands who are Not trained in the PC of accepting what, to many, is morally unacceptable. While many Americans don't accept homosexuality, we typically don't throw them off the roof.
Why would you want to import people who Will Not be trained to accept that?
Hey! Let's import some religious zealots who believe dying for a right cause gets eternity and virgins. What does it take to get the Should of the moral obligation cancelled by the obviousness of just how bad of an idea it is to bring them here?
When should we commit suicide to show how bad we feel?
I didn't invade them. I didn't hurt anyone. I argued against the whole thing. I was right to do so. I've been correct a few times. Like, pretty much all the time.
Bring the refugees in. We will all suffer. I've explained the
Long Game, the unintended, but not unforeseeable, consequences, and how the crises will be used..
Why r i sk that? Because we broke it?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 04/15/16 at 10:44:56

WebsterMark wrote on 04/15/16 at 05:27:46:

Nonsense Ray. If a religion called for child sacrifice, I would be pretty comfortable blaming that religion and I suspect you would too.

If a substantial number of Muslims put Shariah Law on equal footing with the Koran and that combination is essentially their ideology / religion leading tp Paris massacres, ISIS, etc...  then yes, I'll blame that religion.

I understand your reference and can see a connection, but it would be on par with saying because of my Caucasian roots, I can be rightly accused with the KKK.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #7 - 04/15/16 at 10:46:01

Jog.... Who exactly is "they"?

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #8 - 04/15/16 at 17:36:20

WebsterMark wrote on 04/15/16 at 05:27:46:

I blame the religion because their handbook instructs them to cut your head off.  Go look it up if you care to.  

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 04/15/16 at 17:42:03

Everyone knows what they do to , so you don't forget which group, I'll use your terminology, gays.

Is this where I lost you? Some weeks ago a few Muslims tossed a queer off a roof. They do not accept faggots . Hell, they will kill their own DAUGHTERS if they get raped.

Let's Import MORE!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 07:32:39

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Rowboat

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.