raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
We are deserving......
04/12/16 at 07:20:12

Why do guys have to ride ballz out?
This morning a guy killed his bike getting off the ferry. He was aside me, two across, and we were in front.
I kept going, he got it started, and just blew by me, in traffic, etc.
Other idiots followed, even those who were behind me in line.
Maybe a 1/4 up, the light was red. I easily caught them, just going the posted.
They all blasted out again, even hopping the green.
They got a 1000 yards then hit the traffic again on a two way only road, no pass, double yellow.
I caught them again....

What in the f-ck is it with bikers, small wang?

I look at riding as assuming a risk, now my job is to reduce that risk by riding responsibly and in control of that of which I can control, why for the sake of pounding it to no where would these numbskulls risk chance?

I don't get it......  Huh

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: We are deserving......
Reply #1 - 04/12/16 at 07:39:32

The short answer ?
They are idiots in search of an ambulance ride.

IP Logged
Gus

Thumpers Rock!

Minnesota
Reply #2 - 04/12/16 at 08:30:39

We all gotta die on something; sometime. Some choose a motorcycle.

1994 BMW K75S
2011 s40
1979 Honda CT90 Trail
1964 Honda CT200 Trail
One cylinder - one carburetor. Life is good!
Retired/Minnesota
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 04/12/16 at 11:32:30

Ok, the replies prompt another question....

Do you ridefor enjoyment, or something else?

I mean I started to ride because I like moving instead of sitting in a ferry line, paying more money and time, to commute. So by default, it is more enjoyable, even on those cold wet blustery days  Smiley

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 04/12/16 at 12:02:53

Enjoyment is the only answer. If it's
I save money on gas
they haven't been riding long enough to notice how much tires and mounting cost.
If you have Any fun at all, you'll be spending about$150.00 every 5,000 miles on a rear and maybe$120.00 every seven thousand miles on the front.
Buy a helmet, gloves, rain gear, boots, bike, insurance, protective clothing, cold weather gear,

Yeah, SAVING Munnee...

Quick acceleration, seeing how quickly I can get through a corner, I ENJOY that.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #5 - 04/12/16 at 12:07:31

I ride for enjoyment.....and because I raced motocross and hare scrambles when I was young....I have developed a fondness to ride around curves at a brisk pace.  I don't have a big need to break the speed limit on the straight sections, and I do find traveling down an interstate boring - but I do enjoy the curves!  I am not really into big high speed sweepers - I like the paved back roads that are the 30 -45 mph kind of peg dragging curves.

I can take nice relaxing rides and enjoy the scenery - but I betcha' I will find a corner or two along the way that requires some heavy leaning!

I don't commute to work on a bike to save gas or avoid traffic problems - my job and driving route work just fine in a car.  I will do my Saturday errands on the bike to combine the tedious chores and the pleasure of riding.

I don't ride aggressively all the time, and I do obey most the traffic laws and am respectful of other folks using the roads.  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Gus

Thumpers Rock!

Minnesota
Reply #6 - 04/12/16 at 13:10:54

I started riding horse before I even have a memory of it. Riding motorcycle is just an extension of that. I love being physically involved with the world around me. A motorcycle is a great way to do that without the high cost of maintenance of a horse

1994 BMW K75S
2011 s40
1979 Honda CT90 Trail
1964 Honda CT200 Trail
Retired/Minnesota
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #7 - 04/12/16 at 13:44:49

Yeah Dave, I know what you mean....
Here in the island I have what I call my own mini dragon  Cheesy
I like riding it going up hill, as opposed to down grade. I would guess it's a 15 degree hill....
It has a few wiggles, then an S which is banked a tad, and finished off with a 90 that I have to down shift.
The posted is 20mph, my best is @ 45.
It requires a complete shifting of weight from one side to the other, and I have scrapped my pegs a few times  Shocked

Then I have so many roads where I am driving under a canopy of trees, feels so good in the warm summer air with no windscreen and just a tee shirt  Grin

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #8 - 04/12/16 at 14:56:30

I ride because I always wanted a motorcycle and was too scared to ever get one, and at 38 years old I finally got up the nerve. It's relaxing in a way after a long day at work or just any time you need to feel free of everything else.  

I'm 42, and still drive my truck like a grandpa (so my wife says) and it has 215K miles and still runs like new (knock on wood) and I hope to treat my savage the same. If idiots get behind me and get mad because I am not going 65mph in a 45mph zone, that's their problem.  Hurry up and wait.   Wink

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Gus

Thumpers Rock!

Minnesota
Reply #9 - 04/12/16 at 15:06:20

raydawg wrote on 04/12/16 at 13:44:49:
Then I have so many roads where I am driving under a canopy of trees, feels so good in the warm summer air with no windscreen and just a tee shirt  Grin

Oh I love stretches of road like this. Over in Minnesota there are some twisty river roads like this ----mostly gravel though.

1994 BMW K75S
2011 s40
1979 Honda CT90 Trail
1964 Honda CT200 Trail
Retired/Minnesota
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #10 - 04/12/16 at 15:34:50

I like the paved back roads that are the 30 -45 mph kind of peg dragging curves.

So right there with ya,  I like leaving the line quick, but I don't need high speeds. An interstate curve? Not something I'm gonna feel. Backroad sweepers are fine. And my pegs were worn so bad that the chrome endcaps were about to be in danger of weakening. I had to lay off a little. Don't think that because it's a cruiser it won't lean. It can lay over hard enough to twist the ankle uncomfortably and mash the foot hard enough to make you pull back.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #11 - 04/12/16 at 17:18:09

Ray, I have had the same thing happen as you did from that exact ferry terminal. I just figure their in a bigger hurry than I am.
It happens to some and they don't make it to their destination,  alive that is.

Now for why do I ride? Well for sheer enjoyment first. 2nd to help conserve gas.
I love twisties as well as nice long scenic rides. Nice warm sunshine warming my shoulders making me smile and reminding me how lucky I am to be alive and ride.
Do I like to open the throttle and let it go? Hell yeah I admit I do. I just don't feel I need
To do so in order to prove it to another rider nor anyone else.
The island you live on offers some nice roads to ride.  
Take care enjoy your commute. Hugs, Kim, shadow & genie

IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 04/12/16 at 18:35:10

I bought my first motorcycle for $50 when I was twelve.  I signed the papers and even got plates for it.  I don't think they let twelve year old kids register vehicles anymore.  (It probably wasn't legal then) I wanted one because it was way better than the bicycle I was riding.  And it was cool and I loved riding it and fixing it and everything about it and every other motorcycle I saw.  I still feel that way, I just plain like them.

I told my mother that it was a moped and that it was legal to ride one on the street at age 12.  She believed it and my father, like most fathers back then, didn't pay any attention to what we did or even how old we were.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #13 - 04/12/16 at 21:06:47

I was bit by the bug around 12-13 on a Honda. Graduated to H1 and H2 Kawas and to dirt on a Puch 175 after I got married. Then decidied it was too rough on my body and my wife, so I quit. 30+ yrs later got the 650. I believe I need to do what I can to come home safe. You may think you're willing to die, but what about your wife or husband? I like the fact I can ride this bike hard and be pretty safe. The old "ridng a slow bike fast" adage. I love riding for all it entails. And I love wrenching. It's a cheap hobby and a lifestyle. Be safe. Boofer

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #14 - 04/12/16 at 21:30:08

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/12/16 at 12:02:53:
Enjoyment is the only answer. If it's
I save money on gas
they haven't been riding long enough to notice how much tires and mounting cost.
If you have Any fun at all, you'll be spending about$150.00 every 5,000 miles on a rear and maybe$120.00 every seven thousand miles on the front.
Buy a helmet, gloves, rain gear, boots, bike, insurance, protective clothing, cold weather gear,

Yeah, SAVING Munnee...

Quick acceleration, seeing how quickly I can get through a corner, I ENJOY that.

Now Justin.... You can get Shinko 712's for half that (not including tube and strip) and mount them yourself. Basic gear like a $100 helmet, cheap $10 biker gloves, work boots, and throw on some old leather jacket that you've had laying around the house. You can buy dirt cheap liability insurance. Who needs raingear! Grin Just hope you don't get stuck in the rain while it's cold out. Winter gloves is probably the most important piece of cold weather gear (and a balaclava). Besides that, you can improvise the rest. My bike cost $1000 plus tires and parts.

You can get by cheap... That doesn't mean life will by cozy. Of course, are motorcycles supposed to be cozy?

2004 Suzuki Savage, Riding since fall 2015.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 03:46:55

General CategoryThe Cafe › We are deserving......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.