We are deserving...... (Read 134 times)
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Re: We are deserving......
Reply #15 - 04/12/16 at 21:41:58

raydawg wrote on 04/12/16 at 11:32:30:
Ok, the replies prompt another question....

Do you ridefor enjoyment, or something else? ....
ref: http://www.puppyleaks.com/dogs-stick-their-heads-out-car-windows/
Quote:
Being surrounded by all those sights, sounds, and smells can be quite stimulating, regardless of whether you go on any of those rides. The atmosphere itself is exciting and memorable.
As a kid, I stuck my head out the window, just like a dog.  As an adult, I dislike being in a cage.  

WWW   IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #16 - 04/13/16 at 08:42:33

I started with a Trail 110, refused to own a car for years after i hit 18, but eventually got tired of being at the mercy of the elements
through most of my marriage I was bikeless, not because I didn't want one, but because my wife spent all the money
I got back into it becasue I got tired of working on durn complicated cars (and lost the wife, not that I count it a loss)
and now I ride a scooter with a ton of tupperware and FI  Grin
Honestly I'n not that good in the twisties anymore but I like the sweepers
Mostly though i just cruise along in a relaxed manner

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #17 - 04/13/16 at 09:07:27

Yep, definitely ride for enjoyment. I wanted a mini bike when I was a kid but never got one. As i got older I always wanted a bike but never got one. But I always talked about it. For my 54th birthday I think it was, my kids game me the motorcycle safety riding course as my present. I took the course, passed it , got my license and within a few months bought the 06 S40. I do not ride nearly as much as I would like to but it is in essence a dream come true.

Oh yeah, on those rare occasions when I do ride in to work, it is great to ride the HOV.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #18 - 04/13/16 at 10:28:17

springman wrote on 04/13/16 at 09:07:27:
Yep, definitely ride for enjoyment. I wanted a mini bike when I was a kid but never got one. As i got older I always wanted a bike but never got one. But I always talked about it. For my 54th birthday I think it was, my kids game me the motorcycle safety riding course as my present. I took the course, passed it , got my license and within a few months bought the 06 S40. I do not ride nearly as much as I would like to but it is in essence a dream come true.

Oh yeah, on those rare occasions when I do ride in to work, it is great to ride the HOV.

And even Springman smokes me in the twisties  Grin
everyone smokes me in the twisties  Sad

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 05:36:06

General CategoryThe Cafe › We are deserving......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.