Battery replacement (Read 169 times)
chzeckmate
Serious Thumper

Be the person your
dog thinks you are

Houston, Texas
Re: Battery replacement
Reply #15 - 04/11/16 at 13:47:01

I know a lot of people who swear by one brand or another.  Some say Yuasa, some say Duralast, others say ACDelco.  It's comforting to have a brand you favor.  That's how consumerism works.  Let's be real.

Advance Auto, Autozone, and Walmart are all Johnson Controls batteries, whose branding also includes Duralast, Kirkland, and Motorcraft.  Sears Diehard brand can be found on Johnson Controls batteries as well as Exide batteries whose branding includes Champion, Napa, and some Everstart batteries.  Then you have Delphi who is actually owned by Johnson Controls now (since 2007) branding ACDelco, O'reilly, and some Everstart batteries...The thing is a big circle jerk.

The bottom line is these guys are all going to produce products that are using the same technology and they'll be equally competitive because they want your business.  Don't get fooled into paying extra because a battery says "Platinum Series" or "Super Awesome".  Get a good value and a good warranty.  If the thing fails use the warranty.  Don't pay extra unless you're getting something extra.

AGM is the best value in my book and I agree with Dave, stick with US made batteries.  Paladin struck the nail on the head with, Batteries can be good or cheap.  Not both.

'05 S40, dyna muffler, rejet, high flow filter, Mobil 1 Racing 4T, Shinko 230 set with 140/90 rear, raptor, seat lift, LED running lights/signals, tach, reversed risers, homemade MR10 Lexan windscreen
  IP Logged
Zonablazer

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 04/12/16 at 13:42:00

I purchased a YB14L-A2 from Amazon to get my beast running again. This is a VERY nice battery. It's not expensive and works great.

http://www.amazon.com/YB14L-A2-Performance-Power-Sports-Battery/dp/B00I96JZU8...

IP Logged
DesertRat
Serious Thumper

I love rat bikes!

Arizona
Reply #17 - 04/13/16 at 19:29:50

chzeckmate wrote on 04/11/16 at 13:47:01:
I know a lot of people who swear by one brand or another.  Some say Yuasa, some say Duralast, others say ACDelco.  It's comforting to have a brand you favor.  That's how consumerism works.  Let's be real.

Advance Auto, Autozone, and Walmart are all Johnson Controls batteries, whose branding also includes Duralast, Kirkland, and Motorcraft.  Sears Diehard brand can be found on Johnson Controls batteries as well as Exide batteries whose branding includes Champion, Napa, and some Everstart batteries.  Then you have Delphi who is actually owned by Johnson Controls now (since 2007) branding ACDelco, O'reilly, and some Everstart batteries...The thing is a big circle jerk.

The bottom line is these guys are all going to produce products that are using the same technology and they'll be equally competitive because they want your business.  Don't get fooled into paying extra because a battery says "Platinum Series" or "Super Awesome".  Get a good value and a good warranty.  If the thing fails use the warranty.  Don't pay extra unless you're getting something extra.

AGM is the best value in my book and I agree with Dave, stick with US made batteries.  Paladin struck the nail on the head with, Batteries can be good or cheap.  Not both.

awesome points chzeckmate ... I try to explain this concept to peers in my business classes and they just look at me like  Roll Eyes

let them waste money ...

-The silence of indifference makes cowards of men.
- http://www.pipeburn.com/home/category/rat
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 02:24:36

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Battery replacement

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.