Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
flashing led brakelight (Read 151 times)
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Re: flashing led brakelight
Reply #15 - 04/10/16 at 12:12:08

After reading Dave's post, I took a closer look at them in the daylight. It blinks 3 times quickly, then stays on for about one second, then repeats. It is much more visible in the daylight than stock. I am going to leave it in till someone of authority yells and makes me take it out.Guess I'm just getting cranky in my old age, but hey I think I earned it.

IP Logged
DesertRat
Serious Thumper

I love rat bikes!

Arizona
Reply #16 - 04/10/16 at 13:00:50

I purchased a DynaFlash as well, if these bulbs create "legal" issues, I'll swap out for the controller, which flashes 4 then solid for the duration, until released and reapplied.

either way, it's a WIN for me.

-The silence of indifference makes cowards of men.
- http://www.pipeburn.com/home/category/rat
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #17 - 04/10/16 at 13:02:48

I did the same thing..... ordered them, they are cheap enough... plenty of the hurley riders down here have blinking lights.
I'll carry my standard bubs with me just in case someone of authority asks me to change them.
Down here everything is flat, once we come to a stop I usually let off the brake anyway.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 04/10/16 at 16:23:35

As noted above. All you have to do is have the tool and bulbs. Swap out if needed.
The drivers side window of the pickup is tinted, illegally dark.
Passengers side isn't tinted.
When I go get it inspected I roll the drivers side all the way down and leave the passenger side up.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #19 - 04/10/16 at 20:51:28

DesertRat wrote on 04/10/16 at 13:00:50:
if these bulbs create "legal" issues, I'll swap out for the controller, which flashes 4 then solid for the duration

That's what I was thinking. Don't brake lights have to remain solid?

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #20 - 04/11/16 at 04:05:03

Kris01 wrote on 04/10/16 at 20:51:28:
DesertRat wrote on 04/10/16 at 13:00:50:
if these bulbs create "legal" issues, I'll swap out for the controller, which flashes 4 then solid for the duration

That's what I was thinking. Don't brake lights have to remain solid?

I can't quote the source - but it is my belief that the lights are allowed to pulse a few times when first applied.....but then they must stop flashing and remain steady.

And as Jog has indicated.....it all depends on the mood of the Officer you encounter.  Some could care less, and others are looking for a reason to pull you over and check your credentials.  And "profiling" most likely does occur among different biker styles.....loud exhaust, bobbers, rats and sport bikes most likely get pulled over more often than touring and vintage bikes.  I try to give them as little reason as possible to pull me over!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #21 - 04/11/16 at 07:43:28

for a while in Columbus all the police were Bikers, too
You could get away with a LOT, and if they did see you edging into total idiocy, you'd get a brief flash of bubblegums and a quick 'woot!' of siren as a warning, only if you ignored that would you get pulled over
Good Times  Cool
Speaking of which
I miss my Ninja 500

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #22 - 04/12/16 at 17:27:20

Couple of my friends have something like these on their bikes. It is very catching. Myself I squeeze the brake lever a few times off one on and that seems to catch their attention. I keep a watch in my mirrors and always have it in 1st gear at a stop. ♥ kim

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #23 - 04/14/16 at 13:43:56

Got the bulbs today, very fast shipping Smiley

Here is a short video:

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
DesertRat
Serious Thumper

I love rat bikes!

Arizona
Reply #24 - 04/14/16 at 15:07:31

old-rider,

yup got mine a couple days ago and installed that day. Have ridden with them every day since. They WORK to get drivers attention, except this morning when out dropping off a package at UPS. Some douche came up on me like he was popo, I tapped the brakes and he kept coming, tapped again and he kept coming. I did a very fast pull over just in time for the douche to shoot past me and blow a red light making a right turn. Some people are just out to get you no matter what.

I also received my DynaFlash today, haven't installed it. Waiting to run these bulbs until I get caught.

IMG_0767.JPG

-The silence of indifference makes cowards of men.
- http://www.pipeburn.com/home/category/rat
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 00:42:22

General CategoryThe Cafe › flashing led brakelight

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.